First public charger (Tesla) network outing .

As it was my first ever Tesla charge ( and I was desperate for the loo ) I was all over the place. Tried the app but as you say, no signal. Tried contactless but couldn't really see the screen properly so not sure if that had worked. Had seen complaints about no signal and having to use Arundel wi-fi. Hadn't made a note of the password and couldn't get back to it due to no signal. BUT the gent in the shop was very accommodating and only too happy to let me use the excellent wifi. Also loo is in coffee shop if required.
Finding it was a challenge. It is actually on The Arundel hotel carpark. Plenty of chargers. Readily available out of season.
Thanks, will be going that way soon so will just pop in the shop then.

Do you know, come to think of it, at the back half way down, I do recall a little screen, but assumed it was for the engineer?
Perhaps that's the "contact' point.
The one I saw was minimalist, hidden under the cable handle when it was in the holder, barely bigger than a credit card. Definitely something going on with it.
Your advice about keeping the car powered on definitely helped. Part of my confusion was also caused by having turned it off. A full bladder turns me into an idiot 😜 ( my excuse and I'm sticking to it 👍)

Completely agree Pal!

I was busting by the time I arrived, but absolutely will not deal with myself (O er) until she is plugged in and charging!

Very quick at Lifton though, plugged in, tapped the app, and by the time I had walked back to the drivers door it was charging!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back