First seen the the wild

My #teamsilver has just hit one month old, and I think I spotted my first other MG5 in the wild since I first started looking at these in late July. Sure I saw a #teamblack going through Aughton, Ormskirk. Considering the sales figures I’m amazed at how few MGs of any sort I have spotted out and about.

I live in Windsor and have seen quite a few down here. It seems to be EV central where I live there are three model 3's in my road alone! I went to Uxbridge recently and when we left the chimes car park I found myself behind a Black MG5 we had a little convoy going :D

I was in a brief convoy comming back from Norfolk yesterday.....in the rain, on the A52 near Nottingham..... I was following a new Hyundai and was overtaken by a black Vauxhall EV.

Incidentally my non-stop trip was 155 miles with 15 left in the 'tank' at 4.1 KPM . In the rain, blowing a gale, headlights on half of the trip......I was quite please.

(no HVAC....runroof and one Rear window cracked open)

Still not many on the Isle of Wight - but I have either seen the same black one twice (in Godshill) or 2 different black ones once (also in Godshill..) in the past few days. Both parked and no sign of a driver though so didn't wave....

Last edited:
As I was still deliberating whether to order one, I pulled up behind a long range excite in Tesco car park in Wells, Somerset.The guy was pretty pleased with it so was the final push I needed!

Is this another? Definitely an Isle of Wight registration, passed me going towards Ventnor (from Godshill) Tuesday morning about 7.45 am, as I was going the other way. Red - could this be the one I spotted several months ago or is it new sighting......?

Saw another silver one yesterday heading into illchester.
Great to be seeing more about.

And after 2 more months I finally got to see a another MG5 (after mine and the one in October) - a white one in the Dog Falls car park, Glen Affric, Highland. So now I know there are at least three on the roads.

Is it breeding season???? Has Spring sprung????

Having seen only 3 5's in the last 12 months, including mine, I suddenly came across 2 Exclusives, one red and one grey, both with recent Isle of Wight plates in the last few days. Maybe they are breeding, along with the white-tailed eagles that were introduced to the Island a couple of years ago, and who knows, we might get a colony of beavers as well!

Since ordering mine in October I've been watching out for MGs, but so far I've only seen 3 MG5s. The first was a red one on the M4 near Bristol on Boxing day. A few weeks ago there was a black one on my estate, but I've not seen it again. Yesterday on my commute to work I saw a Silver one. I do see lots of other EVs though, in my street alone there are 3 or 4 Teslas, a Leaf, an ID3 and a Mii.

Followed a #teamblue through to Hovingham, North Yorkshire this morning. First car that I've seen other than mine in this colour and was good to go in convoy for a couple of miles!

I forgot to say I saw another red one between Wells and Cheddar, Somerset a couple of weeks back- not sure if it’s anyone on this forum??

Lol travelled up to Blackpool from Shropshire not see meny ev's one a Tesla lol but definitely will keep lookout for mg5 then the SUV's 👍☺️ and not meny 22 plates seen only 3 including mine since 1st of march

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom