First trip Croydon to Hull

revpeterw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am not sure of the reason for the constant bad press electric cars get - my experience is good:
Very pleased with my first long trip to Hull from Croydon, and back, in MG mk1 LR.
500 miles covered in total.
Two rapid charges at Newark (Osprey) and Cambridge services (Ionity) - both very rapid (up to 90kW!), and straightforward but pricey, so just enough to get there in both cases. Nobody charging there in 6 bays when I arrived in both cases.
Slow charge at Holiday Inn Express on Podpoint overnight in St Stephens multi-storey much cheaper, again no-one charging, and very clean secure carpark, monitored 24/7. Hotel has a parking deal as next door.
Car did 4.1 miles/kWh overall, travelling 65mph on motorways, when HGVs permitted.
Cost per mile 11p.

I am not sure of the reason for the constant bad press electric cars get - my experience is good:
Very pleased with my first long trip to Hull from Croydon, and back, in MG mk1 LR.
500 miles covered in total.
Two rapid charges at Newark (Osprey) and Cambridge services (Ionity) - both very rapid (up to 90kW!), and straightforward but pricey, so just enough to get there in both cases. Nobody charging there in 6 bays when I arrived in both cases.
Slow charge at Holiday Inn Express on Podpoint overnight in St Stephens multi-storey much cheaper, again no-one charging, and very clean secure carpark, monitored 24/7. Hotel has a parking deal as next door.
Car did 4.1 miles/kWh overall, travelling 65mph on motorways, when HGVs permitted.
Cost per mile 11p.
Peterborough is also a good service station on that route. IT has 6 really fast Ionity chargers and if they are full the old gridserves are in the other corner of the car park.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom