Flashing fellow MG4ists, MG4ers…. I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

People don’t really do this, do they…?
Would they do this on the street?

“Look, we’re both wearing jeans! HIYA!!!!” 👋

Good grief….

I don’t even nod at other motorcyclists, does shaking my head at Hardly Ableson riders count?

Killjoy. I used to salute other motorcyclists on a spinal reflex until I moved to England and hardly anyone waved back. Took half the joy out of it. I bought a Fiesta shortly afterwards.

Killjoy. I used to salute other motorcyclists on a spinal reflex until I moved to England and hardly anyone waved back. Took half the joy out of it. I bought a Fiesta shortly afterwards.

You didn’t learn motorbike etiquette.
No one waves back to someone on a 125cc bike, they haven’t earned the right to nod at anyone.
I’m actually deadly serious, a 125 rider nodding at others is viewed as a cheeky little tw…. 😆

Showing my age probably, but there used to be special recognition sign between drivers of MGs in the days of classic soft top tourers such as the MG TD. Guess what it was ... (clue:👍)
A useful one today would be a list of software module versions you can hold up and cross-check with the other driver! 😉

You didn’t learn motorbike etiquette.
No one waves back to someone on a 125cc bike, they haven’t earned the right to nod at anyone.
I’m actually deadly serious, a 125 rider nodding at others is viewed as a cheeky little tw…. 😆

Funny that. I learned to wave in the first place because every bike I encountered waved at me. Maybe Aberdonians are a cussed bunch.

Is it mandatory to flash fellow MG4 drivers? I got flashed by another in my town, so of course I flashed back because let’s face it we are all better than everyone else. Has it really come to this? (With the lights btw). 😂😂😂😂😉
You are breaking the law by flashing without needing to £1000 fine

I think it's nice.
Yes, it can be perceived as courteous.

The problem is - particularly in urban areas - people treat flashed lights as a green light to go and then don't do proper observations and can miss cyclists or motorcyclists or other road users, causing an accident.

It is recommended to not flash and simply hold back and use your road positioning and speed to communicate, so the other driver still has to make all their observation checks before proceeding.

It is much less of a problem on the motorway (much more controlled situation) and on the narrow Devon lanes where I live, there's no good alternative to a flash of the lights to tell a car in the distance they can proceed. But in these situations there isn't typically any other traffic that would be at risk, so it is pretty safe.

It’s now about a year since the MG4 was released in the UK. Thousands have been sold. They are certainly not rare.
On the first anniversary of the release of this car I would make it illegal to post gleeful photos of other MG4 cars on FaceAche; I would fine flashers; and bind waving hands. It’s time we grew up.

I think this is the one area where Bowfer and I agree.

I have donned my tin helmet.

It’s now about a year since the MG4 was released in the UK. Thousands have been sold. They are certainly not rare.
On the first anniversary of the release of this car I would make it illegal to post gleeful photos of other MG4 cars on FaceAche; I would fine flashers; and bind waving hands. It’s time we grew up.

I think this is the one area where Bowfer and I agree.

I have donned my tin helmet.
1695406158107.png

There was a bit of unpleasantness in another thread several days ago and a bunch of posts seemed to have been deleted. Bowfer was being snarky and unnecessary. I think it relates to that.

Based on experiences in another forum I think the "banned" thing is when the mods do it, and the "deleted" thing is something done by or requested by the member themselves (although in the other forum this would leave their username visible but the status would be "Guest").

Showing my age probably, but there used to be special recognition sign between drivers of MGs in the days of classic soft top tourers such as the MG TD. Guess what it was ... (clue:👍)
Remember when you had to do something to someone with an AA badge on but too young to remember what it was

The other time its enforced is if there is a speed trap near by.
Yes if you alert other drivers 🫢 to Police /Police checks if any kind ahead

Remember when you had to do something to someone with an AA badge on but too young to remember what it was

Yes if you alert other drivers 🫢 to Police /Police checks if any kind ahead
The AA thing was that their patrolmen were required to salute passing members. If they didn't, it mean there was a copper hiding in the bushes ahead with a stopwatch.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back