Floor carpet tear

I have noticed a tear on the carpet along the folds on the foot rest. This is after one month and 1100 miles of driving.
The carpet has started pulling away from the plastic foot rest platform revealing body below.
I think it should qualify as a material defect and I am thinking of ringing the dealer.
What do you think?
View attachment 4179
Our MG5 is already looking a little frazzled here too so, I've made a little sleeve out of damp proof course and velcro'd in. Does the job..

Saw this guy walking away from an MG showroom today, a disappointing test drive. :unsure:

photo report GIF
:LOL:

Our MG5 is already looking a little frazzled here too so, I've made a little sleeve out of damp proof course and velcro'd in. Does the job..

Hi Leo copy of your post #10 28/07/21, not sure if I’ve missed something I was just wondering how you got on with the carpet problem any news for us
Les
Booked in with the dealer next week. Will keep you posted.

My suspicion is that the position of center console means my feet inadvertently slip to edge of foot rest. Maybe there was a material defect and it accelerated when the soles brushed against the area.

Pictures of the tear were sent to MG. Waiting to hear back from the dealer.
I think the tear can be repaired but it is likely to suffer the same fate in a few weeks/months.
I am thinking of buying a floor liner and gluing a patch to replace torn part if the response from MG is a NO.

Pictures of the tear were sent to MG. Waiting to hear back from the dealer.
I think the tear can be repaired but it is likely to suffer the same fate in a few weeks/months.
I am thinking of buying a floor liner and gluing a patch to replace torn part if the response from MG is a NO.
Leo a NO is not Acceptable in my opinion on a new car less than 2 months old a with 1100 miles no chance stand your ground and insist it’s repaired even modified to prevent it happening again its Ridiculous
Les

Leo a NO is not Acceptable in my opinion on a new car less than 2 months old a with 1100 miles no chance stand your ground and insist it’s repaired even modified to prevent it happening again its Ridiculous
Les
Dealer rang and confirmed that MG have approved carpet replacement. I will need to leave the car for a whole daybwith them and they will provide courtesy car. Booked in for September 01st after we return from summer holidays. Will update this thread with results from the new carpet.

Dealer rang and confirmed that MG have approved carpet replacement. I will need to leave the car for a whole daybwith them and they will provide courtesy car. Booked in for September 01st after we return from summer holidays. Will update this thread with results from the new carpet.
Full floor carpet replaced under warranty yesterday. Very happy, was a fuss free process.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom