Front MG Logo peeling

compass360

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
3 months old. Full trim package etc. I’m so frustrated with this car. Spent more time at the dealer than actually driving it.
About to just ditch it.

Attachments

• 8EBACC88-F4F1-46C1-BBE0-274922581B0A.jpeg
    8EBACC88-F4F1-46C1-BBE0-274922581B0A.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 303
3 months old. Full trim package etc. I’m so frustrated with this car. Spent more time at the dealer than actually driving it.
About to just ditch it.
What other issues have you had?

Sorry to hear of your issues. Out of interest, what do you say when you return the car, do you have to make a strong case as to why? And they simply refund your original purchase?

What other issues have you had?
Tray bulge, oil leak, Bluetooth connectivity, wireless charging tray not working properly, active grille shutter stuck open on one side, passenger side mirror not opening, keyless entry button driver side not working, car play disconnecting needing two or three plug-unplug cycles to get it to work, cold air blowing in even with 26 degrees set on the AC, sometimes the infotainment system and driver pack screen remain blank when getting in the car. I had 80% battery, 212km range. Drove 6.5 km with a/c on for heating and I’m down to 65% 169km range. Seems a bit excessive. And the fact that where I live temperatures are colder definitely makes a full electric solution just too much of a hassle.
It was my first foray into the world of EVs and was very excited, but MG has not been the best introduction to this world.

FWIW my MG4 is what in the UK is the Trophy LR I believe (64kw/h battery).

Tray bulge, oil leak, Bluetooth connectivity, wireless charging tray not working properly, active grille shutter stuck open on one side, passenger side mirror not opening, keyless entry button driver side not working, car play disconnecting needing two or three plug-unplug cycles to get it to work, cold air blowing in even with 26 degrees set on the AC, sometimes the infotainment system and driver pack screen remain blank when getting in the car. I had 80% battery, 212km range. Drove 6.5 km with a/c on for heating and I’m down to 65% 169km range. Seems a bit excessive. And the fact that where I live temperatures are colder definitely makes a full electric solution just too much of a hassle.
It was my first foray into the world of EVs and was very excited, but MG has not been the best introduction to this world.

That’s terrible quality. No wonder you are fed up.

A 62KW Leaf would do you well, and has a heat pump ( so far less range loss in winter )
Don’t let the 4 put you off EVs, please.

A 62KW Leaf would do you well, and has a heat pump ( so far less range loss in winter )
Don’t let the 4 put you off EVs, please.
Thank you. I’ve been offered other options by the dealer if I want to consider them. I’ll think about it but I’ll definitely stay away from MG for now. Too bad, I really liked it aesthetically and it was comfortable and fun to drive.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back