Frunk from Austria arrives at last.

AndyL61

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have been waiting for this frunk to be available for months. It's finally here. Here it is with Granny, Type 2 and 15m extension all inside. Means I can now have my boot floor in the low position and still carry all the cables. Great quality and can be removed in seconds as it fits on ball bolt poppers with rubber mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_20240309_132143_1.jpg
    IMG_20240309_132143_1.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_20240309_130756_1.jpg
    IMG_20240309_130756_1.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 464

I noticed that one can find a suitable position to fit a type2 cable in its circular bag under the bonnet without the frunk accessory. The bonnet closes without an issue.

I noticed that one can find a suitable position to fit a type2 cable in its circular bag under the bonnet without the frunk accessory. The bonnet closes without an issue.
That's right but I have 3 cables in this held securely and there is still room for bits and bobs if you need them . The main advantage is I can now have my boot floor on the lower level so increases space there.

I got my frunk yesterday and mounted it within minutes. I was not sure if it would fit in the xpower with installed damper strut kit for the bonnet, but the shop owner confirmed upfront and it really fits. :cool:

Just FYI, when I asked about was this available through MG for my ZS I was of course told no (as it didn't exist) but also they said that it 'could' make my car insurance claim invalid IF i had a front collision. I thought that was nonsense so contacted my insurance company (Direct Line), and they said yes if I were involved in a frontal collision having storage where it wasn't designed to be i.e in the 'engine/motor/ bay WOULD invalidate my claim....so in the end I decided not to buy it. Anything stored in the boot for example (unless considered dangerous) is fine because thats what the boot is designed for however the front of the MG EV's currently is not designed for that. Maybe other insurance companies may have a differnt stance on this, I don't know, and of course it's still down to the owner wether they decide to use one of these or not, it is a shame MG haven't been able to put a 'frunk' in.

I think the main issue against MG putting storage where this 'frunk' tray is the pedestrian impact crash regulations - this is why ICE manufacturers had to start putting soft engine covers over all the hard metal parts of the engine.

Well, I can see the view of insurance companies because that space could be used for some heavy tools like hammers, big bolt cutters etc by some idiots and in a head on collision thay could create serious injuries that wouldn't have happened if they weren't located there.

They very clearly look like bungee cord hooks that clip onto the frunk (either to the sides or into recesses). :)

They very clearly look like bungee cord hooks that clip onto the frunk (either to the sides or into recesses). :)

That's the net, I'm asking about the frunk, how's its secured to the car, it looks likes screws, any drilling required ?

Sorry - the prior discussion related to contents in the frunk, so I'd assumed that's what you were continuing. :)

In the photos I can see a minimum of 5 bolts securing the frunk. 🤷‍♂️ These will fit into the same tapped holes that will appear when the existing cover is removed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom