Frunk solution ZS

Its worth i had an email of them asking for the distance between the two main fixings in the engine bay, apparently they have discovered some cars are spaced 13cm and some are 17cm

They have made the frunk to a 13cm gap so if yours is 17 the order gets cancelled/postponed whilst they make a version 2 to cover this discrepancy, mine was 13 so is being shipped but those who were 17 get a refund and the order goes back into stock

Its worth measuring before ordering so you know where your at

View attachment 9318
Why is your tape saying 17cm hole to hole?

Why would anyone want to store the charging cable, or anything else for that matter under the bonnet.

It is far harder to open than the boot and the cable takes up so little space.

if anything happens, MG could try and void any warranty.

Has the car been tested under NCAP conditions in a front collision?

If that comes through the dashboard and kills or seriously mames you or your passsenger, how are you going to feel?

What have you told your insurance company; that you have bought a plastic box off a bloke on a car forum and stuck it under your bonnet for added storage? Good luck getting them to accept that, or a claim if it comes to it.
I've not got my ZS yet, but if I thought the front bulkhead couldn't stop a piece of plastic penetrating it I might cancel my order!

As for the boot being harder to open - how so? As I say, I've not got my vehicle yet, so I'd like to know why you say that.

Why would anyone want to store the charging cable, or anything else for that matter under the bonnet.

If that comes through the dashboard and kills or seriously mames you or your passsenger, how are you going to feel?

What have you told your insurance company; that you have bought a plastic box off a bloke on a car forum and stuck it under your bonnet for added storage? Good luck getting them to accept that, or a claim if it comes to it.
It easier when my boot is full of gear, I don't have to unload everything to get at the cables the bonnet is on gas struts once it opened it lift up and stays there. job done.
as far as insurance goes .. well I had a 2006 dodge ram 1500 v8 hemi quad cab, a little lady drove at full speed in to my from wheel, this cost her insurance £7.200 and 91 days to fix, plus the hire car they lent me as it was like for like £27,000 nice little bill the insurance come and look ....no they where not interested.

It easier when my boot is full of gear, I don't have to unload everything to get at the cables
Amazon product ASIN B078HKWLC7
Stick the cable in that, shove it in the little side pocket netted thing in the boot, put a hook in the boot or even dump it under a seat.
Cheaper, easier to get to than having to open the bonnet, and probably much safer than the frunk solution.

Depends if the boot is full of all the stuff you put into one of those, when going on vacation for example.

The other points i fully agree on, the NCAP test now has strict tests for pedestrian safety, electric cars usually get good "grades" for the test where a "head" impacts the bonnet, because the bonnet is able to flex a lot, because there is nothing underneath, normally.

Now there is suddenly a semi rigid structure, that will alter the bonnets ability to flex if someone smashes their head into it.

Also...Even if this insert has nothing to do with it, in reality, if the car ever catches fire in the "engine compartment" the insurance might claim it was this modification that lead to the fire and if you have it in, and the car breaks down, and you have it towed to MG, and the for example determine that the fault lies in one of the boxes beneath the insert, they might claim it failed because of heat not being able to escape.

As said, it might not be correct that this is what caused it, but any chance they have to get away with billing you for an expensive electronics box, compared to doing it on the warranty, they will jump at.

IF i had bought one of these i would CERTAINLY, take it out, whenever the car was to be serviced, just to be on the safe side, with regards to warranty claims and whatnot.

Do we have a tool list for this? Anyone on the forum made it?
The rods are called threaded standoffs, but I can't for the love of God find any that are that long. I could just screw a bunch of them together, but I'd rather find that long one that he used in the video or something similar.

The rods are called threaded standoffs, but I can't for the love of God find any that are that long. I could just screw a bunch of them together, but I'd rather find that long one that he used in the video or something similar.
Your local iron monger will sell threaded rods in long lengths that you can cut down to size as required.

At a guess standard m8 1.5 thread

This does not look like M8

20220714_203041.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom