Frunk solution ZS

At a guess standard m8 1.5 thread
ok, great, I will buy an internally threaded M8 rod and see how it goes.

How about this other part?

It's difficult to find all the parts I need for my project, when you don't know the names of anything;) I wish there was like a community where people discuss connecting parts like these. I guess there is no Lego Technics type of interconnecting standard parts;)

This particular part might be custom, but it doesn't have to be. I've seen a part like that where the middle part is a long, stretched hole, so that you can fasten it to the bolt.

ksnip_20220620-020720.png

Hi

My frunk arrived to day from ev accessories Ireland
Only took about 10 mins to fit that including moving the car around so I could get under the Bonnet

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 343
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 382
is there any reason it doesnt stretch across the full bay?? it looks like there's a foot more space on the right hand side or is it just the pics?

is there any reason it doesnt stretch across the full bay?? it looks like there's a foot more space on the right hand side or is it just the pics?
not sure it just the size they created it at, i would say it big enough for what i need, but more space is better… lol

Can someone provide images of what's included, like images of the bolts or how it's fastened?
to be honest if you look on the first picture with on the floor you will 2 of the fitting 1 looks like exhausts mount theres 2 of them and 1 3D printed post which replaces a bolt in fluid reservoir

Attachments

• 7E63D778-78FC-441F-9C17-E1954E7A67D5.jpeg
    7E63D778-78FC-441F-9C17-E1954E7A67D5.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 308
to be honest if you look on the first picture with on the floor you will 2 of the fitting 1 looks like exhausts mount theres 2 of them and 1 3D printed post which replaces a bolt in fluid reservoir
They seemed so short, as nothing like that would fit in the MG ZS EV 2021; they would have to be longer;)

From my experience with a frunk in my ZS there was virtually no heat in the frunk - I reckon you could almost carry your favourite chocolate bar in there. I had no issues with it at all. I was looking at a similar thing for the long range five but as the type two cable coils up and nestles on the motor / inverter cover without hassle I’ve never gone down the frunk route.

look back at my thread “ unfaff with a frunk”. There’s virtually no heat rising from the electric bits - I think you could carry your mars bar safely under the bonnet.
I’ve just driven 40 miles in 21degree sunshine with my curlywurly remaining solid and perfect under the hood with my charging cable.
No heat in there 🤩🤩🤣

Attachments

• AEDD3489-B1FB-4859-BA8B-9527A5D013EF.jpeg
    AEDD3489-B1FB-4859-BA8B-9527A5D013EF.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 271
Its worth i had an email of them asking for the distance between the two main fixings in the engine bay, apparently they have discovered some cars are spaced 13cm and some are 17cm

They have made the frunk to a 13cm gap so if yours is 17 the order gets cancelled/postponed whilst they make a version 2 to cover this discrepancy, mine was 13 so is being shipped but those who were 17 get a refund and the order goes back into stock

Its worth measuring before ordering so you know where your at

4C827664-1AFB-47D6-A68D-4EA032DB3DBD.jpeg

Why would anyone want to store the charging cable, or anything else for that matter under the bonnet.

It is far harder to open than the boot and the cable takes up so little space.

if anything happens, MG could try and void any warranty.

Has the car been tested under NCAP conditions in a front collision?

If that comes through the dashboard and kills or seriously mames you or your passsenger, how are you going to feel?

What have you told your insurance company; that you have bought a plastic box off a bloke on a car forum and stuck it under your bonnet for added storage? Good luck getting them to accept that, or a claim if it comes to it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom