Full Beam dark spots

ajhayden93

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Apologies if this has been posted before.

Does anyone else have these dark spots on each side when full beam is on?

Attachments

• IMG-20230901-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20230901-WA0015.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG-20230901-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20230901-WA0016.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 203
I was going to say have you got a faulty LED but I can't see the same one going on both sides.
Definitely looks like there is a fault on both sides, never heard it mentioned before.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Does anyone else have these dark spots on each side when full beam is on?
I have got exactly same on my Trophy long range. I am also interested to find out if it's by design or a fault.

Do our auto high beams have individual LEDs that turn off in relation to surrounding traffic. I know my Mazda does that where you see the full besm disable partially as a car approaches

Do our auto high beams have individual LEDs that turn off in relation to surrounding traffic. I know my Mazda does that where you see the full besm disable partially as a car approaches
No.

Thanks for the replies. I'll contact my lease company and see if I can get it booked in to be looked at.

I'll post any updates if I get anywhere...

Why would you contact the lease company?
You just phone the local dealer like anyone else.
Unnecessary step.

It may depend on your provider but for my old Cazoo Subscription and now my Octopus Salary Sacrifice all service bookings had to go via their driver line.

Although for a question on a warranty issue like that you may be able to go direct, but if the dealer tried to charge etc may not be able to recoup the charges if you don't go through their processes.

Because they've got a dedicated support team for things like this. I'd rather let them go and argue or go back and forth with MG.
I know this is an old thread, but did you get any progress on this? First time night driving for me and I have the same dark spots.

I was thinking about this thread when the dark nights began to set in, and I paid particular attention to my own lights, and they do not have this issue. Seems to suggest it is an actual fault, and not just the way the lights are.

I know this is an old thread, but did you get any progress on this? First time night driving for me and I have the same dark spots.
Mine is the same too, I thought it was a fault but as its on both sides I'm not sure. I don't remember noticing this when I got the car in March. I know the SE has different lights, but can any other Trophy owners confirm if theirs is the same?

I had it on my RH lamp only. The dip beam was a bit too low (both sides), and the high beam too high. There is another thread somewhere where I posted which headlamp adjuster does what.

Last edited:
Mine is the same too, I thought it was a fault but as its on both sides I'm not sure. I don't remember noticing this when I got the car in March. I know the SE has different lights, but can any other Trophy owners confirm if theirs is the same?
Yeah mines the same, it’s almost like a cut out. It’s on the extreme outside of each light so it doesn’t affect the vision. Just looks odd.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, hopefully they just need adjusting then as I find the lights pretty disappointing compared to my previous car. But I have a feeling they're just relatively low power lights anyway, as they're not auto-levelling which I thought was a requirement for LEDs but I guess not!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back