Full price test drive car

Popped into our dealer recently to show my mother the MG4 SE they had when me and my partner originally went in to place our order start of October.

To our surprise, there was a Trophy in Volcano Orange inside which was handy as it’s the colour and trim we ordered. Good to finally get a glimpse of it the colour in the flesh!

However, the dealer said they had sold the previous MG4 SE that was in the showroom, and they had an empty spot whilst they waited for the new Trophy to get delivered into them.

Very unsurprising. I'm on the likes of AutoTrader very often and see many an 'our demonstrator' priced the same as a new car. Check out the 1.5 YarisHybrid listings. Some 6 or so months old with 3->5K miles, for £2+ thousand MORE than a brand new one.
Baffled by who would buy one.

Very unsurprising. I'm on the likes of AutoTrader very often and see many an 'our demonstrator' priced the same as a new car. Check out the 1.5 YarisHybrid listings. Some 6 or so months old with 3->5K miles, for £2+ thousand MORE than a brand new one.
Baffled by who would buy one.
There are some that just do not want to be put on the end of a waiting list and wait for months for their new car and are prepared to pay the extra especially if they get a good trade or have a buyer for their existing car.
Many individuals in Australia have bought Teslas with the sole intention of getting the current EV govt. rebates and stamp duty refund and then selling them on for around A$10,000 to A$15,000 over list price due to a 6 month + waiting list at the moment.
This possibly happens in the UK also.

There's a 'nearly new' Yaris Cross AWD on Autotrader, near 7 months old, ~ 2.8K miles, non-top of the range for £40K!....about £8K MORE than the top of the range AWD one, new.
😵‍💫

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel