Fully Charged?

Did anyone attend last weekends Fully Charged Live, and was the new updated ZS EV unveiled?
I went on the Friday Alun, no sign of anything new from MG while I was there, look under General Electric car forum I placed a thread there entitled fully charge Farnborough, in 3 parts
Les.

I also attend hopping for any unveil and nothing. On Saturday I went to MG stand and there was just ZS and 5 (regular range). Usually when I enquire someone from MG they goes for denial mode but the guy on the show was really unaware of anything. I Had to prove him that he was not actually presenting one MG 5 long range.

Last edited:
I also attend hopping for any unveil and nothing. On Saturday I went to MG stand and there was just ZS and 5 (not regular range). Usually when I enquire someone from MG they goes for denial mode but the guy on the show was really unaware of anything. I Had to prove him that he was not actually presenting one MG 5 long range.
Sounds about right :rolleyes:.

Did anyone attend last weekends Fully Charged Live, and was the new updated ZS EV unveiled?
Yes I was at the show for the whole weekend after eventually arriving by bus. I gave up trying to get into the car park with the surrounding roads totally gridlocked on Friday morning so diverted to my hotel in Aldershot and got the bus in by which time the roads had miraculously cleared.

The MG stand had a 5 and ZS manned by a few youngsters. When asked about future models the young chap I spoke to said he was not able to commit to any detail but did think there was an EV version of the 3 in the pipeline. Other than that it was like trying to get blood out of a stone. But I didn't go to the show to find out what MG plans are, I have a dealer on my doorstep for any info needed.

I found the show very informative with the many half hour panel discussions running almost continuously between the Giga and Mega theatres. I will definitely be going next year and would highly recommend a visit to anyone interested in the wider aspects of energy not just EVs.

I was very impressed with Robert Llewellyn. His energy and enthusiasm for the whole weekend was incredible considering he is no spring chicken (meant as a compliment). I found him very much easier to watch and listen to in the flesh rather than his videos.

After having such a successful weekend I'm sure the Fully Charged Team will be planning an even bigger better show next year.

Yes I was at the show for the whole weekend after eventually arriving by bus. I gave up trying to get into the car park with the surrounding roads totally gridlocked on Friday morning so diverted to my hotel in Aldershot and got the bus in by which time the roads had miraculously cleared.

The MG stand had a 5 and ZS manned by a few youngsters. When asked about future models the young chap I spoke to said he was not able to commit to any detail but did think there was an EV version of the 3 in the pipeline. Other than that it was like trying to get blood out of a stone. But I didn't go to the show to find out what MG plans are, I have a dealer on my doorstep for any info needed.

I found the show very informative with the many half hour panel discussions running almost continuously between the Giga and Mega theatres. I will definitely be going next year and would highly recommend a visit to anyone interested in the wider aspects of energy not just EVs.

I was very impressed with Robert Llewellyn. His energy and enthusiasm for the whole weekend was incredible considering he is no spring chicken (meant as a compliment). I found him very much easier to watch and listen to in the flesh rather than his videos.

After having such a successful weekend I'm sure the Fully Charged Team will be planning an even bigger better show next year.
Fully Charged !.
We need a show “Up North” please !.

Fully Charged !.
We need a show “Up North” please !.
I'd be up for that. Im always looking for an excuse to travel long distance in my ZS. I just about managed the Farnborough round trip of 160 miles without a stop to recharge. I had 25 miles remaining on the GOM so comfortably within range. Even travelling early morning with ambient around 14 degrees I achieved an overall average of 4.6m/kWh on a mix of country roads and dual carriage ways plus the hour long standstill approaching Farnborough.

I'd be up for that. Im always looking for an excuse to travel long distance in my ZS. I just about managed the Farnborough round trip of 160 miles without a stop to recharge. I had 25 miles remaining on the GOM so comfortably within range. Even travelling early morning with ambient around 14 degrees I achieved an overall average of 4.6m/kWh on a mix of country roads and dual carriage ways plus the hour long standstill approaching Farnborough.
Many years ago, I remember driving down from North Wales down to Farnborough, watched a brilliant air show and then drove back in the same day.
Too old for that type of behaviour now.
I believe a Fully Charged Show would get plenty of support “Up North”.
Even if it was a smaller scaled down version of the show.
Maybe there research shows we are still using horse and carts up here 🤷.

I also attend hopping for any unveil and nothing. On Saturday I went to MG stand and there was just ZS and 5 (regular range). Usually when I enquire someone from MG they goes for denial mode but the guy on the show was really unaware of anything. I Had to prove him that he was not actually presenting one MG 5 long range.
This is exactly what I said in my thread about the Friday, MG very disappointing bordering on useless
Les

Many years ago, I remember driving down from North Wales down to Farnborough, watched a brilliant air show and then drove back in the same day.
Too old for that type of behaviour now.
I believe a Fully Charged Show would get plenty of support “Up North”.
Even if it was a smaller scaled down version of the show.
Maybe there research shows we are still using horse and carts up here 🤷.
Aye lad, but we've moved on to electric horses. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom