Getting deposit back

As a note my contract clearly states:
"Cancellation:
Except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, no order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Purchaser except with the agreement in writing of the Seller and on terms that the Purchaser's deposit shall be forfeit and further that the Purchaser shall indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of cancellation."

Also if they fail to deliver the goods within 3 months of the written delivery date, the purchaser may cancel and have any deposit returned.

This suits my circumstances but obviously will not suit all

The way the delivery times are going 3 months will be a get out

I only ever put £100 in as an ordering deposit and it doesn’t take much to get them to back down from the £500 they ask for. Shame they made a big deal about cancelling especially as they also make a big deal about getting on the order list fast for the new delivery date 🙃

It seems odd to me that dealerships behave differently when it comes to the contractual terms of a sale. I would have thought that 'MG' as a company would have a policy to standardise the terms of a customer contract ?
I’m not sure about MG but most dealers aren’t dealerships but independent companies selling products now for MG etc. Every contract is up for negotiation though 😉

When I ordered my car they wanted a £500 deposit which I paid on a credit card and said it would be fully refundable.

I still insisted that it was put in writing on my order though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back