Glove Box Removal?

crispy77

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Can someone help me with getting the glove box out so I can get to the speaker wiring? I managed to get the retainer string off and then got stuck. Can pop the bottom left out but the right seems stuck fast

If anyones got a video that would be amazing

Cheers

Can someone help me with getting the glove box out so I can get to the speaker wiring? I managed to get the retainer string off and then got stuck. Can pop the bottom left out but the right seems stuck fast

If anyones got a video that would be amazing

Cheers
The main speakers are normally in the door(s) - why would you need access to the wire(s) via the glove box?

It's a LHD high spec model with 6 speakers. In my Excite (51kWh), the 4 speaker version, the audio unit is under the center console. Easy to access, by removing the side panel in the footwell.

You just squeeze it in either side at the top-rear. It will then hinge fully forward and you can pull the hinge pins out of the retainers.

It's a LHD high spec model with 6 speakers. In my Excite (51kWh), the 4 speaker version, the audio unit is under the center console. Easy to access, by removing the side panel in the footwell.

The audio unit is mounted in a different position depending on the spec level. That's bonkers. Are the audio units indentical for the different specs?

No, I guess. My one is black and in a different location, I couldn't find any identification on it. Also it has one less connector.

I wonder if this is a difference depending on model year rather than spec, as I'm guessing you have a MY23, not MY22. I think those withe SE models that have performed speaker upgrades are MY22 mostly?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back