Gonna buy another MG4 Trophy - is the only difference between LR and ER the battery?

JimmyTwotimes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hey Team
So i already have an MG4 Trophy Long Range (2023) but am in the market for a new car for the wife. We are happy with the current MG4 and I have no reason to buy a different EV so we will almost certainly get a second MG4. The new Extended Range Trophy is within budget, so makes sense to opt for that.

I have looked and watched some reviews but they all more or less say the only difference between the LR and ER Trophy is the battery.

Is that correct?

Thanks

And I think 11kW AC charging on the ER? Not 100% sure but more recent LR cars are only 7kW (2023 MY onwards).

I think also the ER does 0-62 in 6.5s, whereas the LR is 7.5ish. There is extra weight due to the larger battery but it is outweighed by the extra power.

I haven't driven an ER but people have said it feels a lot like the LR in terms of the handling.

Since the battery is brutto 77 kWh and not 64 kWh, and the 64 one can get up to actual 140 kW DC charging, can the 77 one charge faster than that also?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 513 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back