Got to try MFG chargers and was impressed with the set-up

timeades

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Went down to Eastbourne yesterday and before returning home decided to go get a charge. Had a look at was available and there only seemed to be 1 provider of 150kW+ chargers, MFG, and as I'd never used the network before I thought I'd give them a go. Bonus was they are also part of the Octopus/Electroverse partnership so no need for another app.

Nicely laid out, with a canopy but a shame no solar. Also appeared that it would be well lit at night. 20% - 80% in just over 20 minutes. Initial delivery 137.5kW settling down to 70kW at 60%+

IMG_0531.jpeg

Last edited:
Would that canopy be sufficient in heavy rain with a bit of wind? Was there anywhere to get a bite to eat or even a cup of coffee?
Although the canopy isn't great it would keep a fair bit off in a heavy downpour and lets face it it's better than most out there.

As it's attached to an existing ICE petrol station there is coffee, food and toilets available and just across the road is a shopping centre

Although the canopy isn't great it would keep a fair bit off in a heavy downpour and lets face it it's better than most out there.

As it's attached to an existing ICE petrol station there is coffee, food and toilets available and just across the road is a shopping centre

Oh, it absolutely is better than most. (Let's face it, most places have nothing.) I just wish they would bite the bullet and design these things for decent protection in the first place.

Great that there are these facilities nearby too.

I hope I live to see the day when the petrol pumps in ICE filling stations have been replaced by ultra-rapid chargers, under the canopy, and there's one petrol pump over to the side, open to the elements!

Yeah, come back and tell me how nice it is in the middle of winter in a downpour, with the cloudbase at about 50 feet.

This one looks ever so nice too, but that tree isn't much protection. All it needs is a slightly larger version of the wooden bus shelter that's about 40 yards down the road, but no.

1689340658260.png

Oh, it absolutely is better than most. (Let's face it, most places have nothing.) I just wish they would bite the bullet and design these things for decent protection in the first place.

Great that there are these facilities nearby too.

I hope I live to see the day when the petrol pumps in ICE filling stations have been replaced by ultra-rapid chargers, under the canopy, and there's one petrol pump over to the side, open to the elements!
You might not have too long to wait, apparently Shell are now looking at rolling out stations similar to the one in Fulham I posted a picture of recently by 2025

Wow, that would be totally great. I thought the one in Fulham looked the business.

I am actually a fan of the wee village one-charger set-ups, so convenient - having that there, when the nearest petrol station is nine miles away, is a great bonus. I would hope they don't go away. But it would be so nice not to have to plan so obsessively, just to know you'll be able to drive into a charging station when you need to.

'Course we 'ad it tuff! We 'ad ter get up 'alf an hour before we went ter bed, pedal push bike wi' Millar dynamo ter charge t' motor until legs were worn down t' knees, push EV ter work 'n' back an' wen we got 'ome our Dad an' our Mam would thrash us ter sleep wi' charging cable IF WE WERE LUCKY!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom