GPS and iSMART

TechNick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone else have this issue?
Wondering if the issue is at the car or backend service.
Had been working fine up until yesterday, and the car can clearly still communicate with the iSMART service (to get the battery level, etc.), it's just the GPS element now missing.
Did wonder if it was simply a poor signal location (for the GPS), but the car has been started/stopped and driven to multiple locations throughout, yet still no GPS data.

I've tried disabling and then re-enabling the 'Find my car' feature from the menu within the actual car itself (in case it would refresh it), but no difference.

Interestingly, I tried using the "Horn/Lights" function from the app, for the first time and, despite it being set to "Lights only" from the car's setup menu, it made the horn sound multiple times - much to the delight of my neighbours! 🙉🙄

If no-one else is experiencing this (i.e. car specific issue) I guess I could try rebooting the in car entertainment system (in case it's that that relays the GPS signal, etc.) or else try and work out if there is a wiring/fuse issue somewhere or such like (maybe even water ingress related 😣).

So strange that it suddenly just stopped working after nothing was changed within the car, though 🤔

Screenshot_20230201_084603_MG iSMART_2.jpg

Screenshot_20230201_084614_MG iSMART_2.jpg

Last edited:
Same here, started yesterday when I left the car at the dealership for updates so thought it might be connected, but perhaps not as others are getting same failure.

Great, thanks for the replies.
Good to know it's not another issue with our car, but obviously still frustrating that the service seems to be down and we're not being advised of it.

Same issue since I got the mg4 last week. Impossible to do any action from the app. I have gps message and service not available for any action I try (car status etc ...)

Seems to be OK now. I just scanned my car, and the app helpfully flagged that I'd left it unlocked. I asked the app to lock it, which it did. No issues. Maybe try again now?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back