Gridserve Limits?

Montego

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
First really long trip in my MG4 Trophy. Stopped at Watford Gap to use the Gridserve facility. The connection was successful and easily made. However when we returned to the car the charge had stopped after adding only 8% with an error message suggesting a fault with the car (it had been 8% when I checked the app while in Costa some while earlier - is it an app issue?). We then stopped at Ferrybridge. A difficult connection and I had to swap to a different charger before the connection was made. Again it stopped after adding only 8% (no error message). Why? Why only 8% each time? We were able to complete the journey but now, desperately, need to charge before proceeding. Fortunately a PodPoint charge facility is nearby. However we will need to charge again before returning home, and I had hoped to use Gridserve facilities. Any help, comments or observations appreciated.

I had a Gridserve stop on me at Gretna a couple of months ago, but it had added a lot more than 8% when it stopped - I was up to about 65% and I had enough to get home. The error message on the charger said there was a fault with the charger itself and "the operator is aware". Sounds as if my problem was the actual charger not the car. Although I had taken a decent amount of charge on board I was never charged for that session.

A few days before that I had charged at a Gridserve at Southwaite, and had no problem with that at all. It brought my SR up past 90% while I had lunch at a Costa.

Have you previously used Gridserve chargers with this car, or was this your first time? Might be best to avoid them if you can until you find out more about what's causing this. (I don't think the app is capable of setting a limit on how much charge you add in a session. I think it can only limit the state of charge reached.)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back