Guess the time!

Lizzie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all, I have an Orange LR Trophy which has a mind of its own with the time. Most mornings the clock is an hour ahead, or some random time. Yesterday, real time 08.32, clock showing 12.17!
Any help appreciated, thanks Lizzie

What have you got your clock set to?
On my MG 5 it is set to

Attachments

• IMG_20230806_124834.jpg
    IMG_20230806_124834.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 81
Hi all, I have an Orange LR Trophy which has a mind of its own with the time. Most mornings the clock is an hour ahead, or some random time. Yesterday, real time 08.32, clock showing 12.17!
Swipe right to left on the home screen
select Settings
select General (it's at the top of the list on the right of the screen)
turn on Use GPS time
set the time zone to London
turn on DST

Does it switch automatically then? It's that clever? Like a phone or a computer? In my Golf I had to rummage around in what it called its "multi-function display" and set it to OFF in autumn and back to ON again in spring, by hand.

I've noticed my driver's screen flips its time on to the next minute two or three seconds before the central screen does it. Or maybe it's the other way round. I'll forgive it, anyway.

We were in GMT when I got my car, and I had the time settings set accordingly (as mentioned above).

I have made no changes yet my car is correctly reporting the time here in BST. :)

I suppose it's no surprise really, the car has a computer and computers do this. Maybe the surprise is that the Golf didn't do it, but 2009 was maybe too soon. Just about everything electronic does it automatically now. (I wish my oven did it...)

Sorry - late reply. I had a similar oddity a week or two ago in Goth Leo, our SE LR. The central display was correct, but the driver's display was drunk, claiming it was, eg 12:52 when the main display correctly said 9:15, or whatever. The point was, the driver display wasn't showing a different timezone, it was just plain wrong.
I have added it to the list of software oddities (not a long list, and all the usual suspects) and will see if it recurs after a software update scheduled for the end of the month.

My Orange LR trophy was an hour ahead with GPS time and DST both on so I switched off DST and it is ok now. GPS time should be the same as GMT and so should need DST on as well during the summer but obviously another software bug somewhere. Waiting to see what happens in October when the clocks go back lol.

My Orange LR trophy was an hour ahead with GPS time and DST both on so I switched off DST and it is ok now. GPS time should be the same as GMT and so should need DST on as well during the summer but obviously another software bug somewhere. Waiting to see what happens in October when the clocks go back lol.
Try using DAB instead of GPS and that should work fine.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back