Has Anybody Else Had These Issues????

Misting - YES ! - MG Tech have these photos to 'resolve' - as this is a regular occurrence - In addition the center bar has misting on the top in the wavy leds to the left and the right of the MG icon (which is misted around the breather!) - So to me the whole light bar and side rears need 'changing' investigating

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.33.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.33.06.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 90
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.33.37.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.33.37.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 103
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.39.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.39.22.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 96
Misting - YES ! - MG Tech have these photos to 'resolve' - as this is a regular occurrence - In addition the center bar has misting on the top in the wavy leds to the left and the right of the MG icon (which is misted around the breather!) - So to me the whole light bar and side rears need 'changing' investigating
Be interesting to see what they can do. I have similar on mine.

The only issue I have is if I use the app on my phone, it wakes the car and the phone connects to Android Auto if its in range which can be a bit annoying.
The dongle is great, and the wifi connection certainly means its not as laggy or with screen compression. Have also noticed it waking when using the iSmart app, guess you could just unplug it when you leave the car but then you have to remember to plug it back in later.

Mine does it too, but its just a "feature" of these LED lamps. As long as theres no water sloshing about its nothing to worry about.

My 2001 Ford Puma front and rear lamp cluster also used to mist up too, but they eventually dry out in the sun. Never affected their operation.

Mine does it too, but its just a "feature" of these LED lamps. As long as theres no water sloshing about its nothing to worry about.

My 2001 Ford Puma front and rear lamp cluster also used to mist up too, but they eventually dry out in the sun. Never affected their operation.
Mine - Dry & then mist - Dry and Mist .. Once yeah - Suns out dry and sorted fine - But no Suns Out - Steams & mists up.. Not right

Hi All.
I am taking my new MG4 back to have some issues hopefully sorted on Thursday.
I've had some issues since picking the car up and was wondering if I'm alone. And would be great to see if others have had issues and if they have been resolved:
The issues are:

Rattle in glove box area and footwell. I have had a look and seems to be coming from behind the glove box. Is audible at low speeds, (10 to 35/40mph). Seems louder when the glove box is open.
(I have checked the heater pipes under the glove box and this is not the issue)...

Since I collected the car I have been unable to activate a pre-conditioning (with or without cable plugged in/charging). When I am unable to start a preconditioning/heating up of the car from the app I get an error code on the app, (47). (This is with the car plugged in, (charging and not charging) The app also intermittently stops working and will not connect to the car, I get a "GPS not found" error message or a "The Remote control instruction execution has failed, please try again later".

The heating system is cold until set to 25 - 26 degrees or above.

Also had infotainment radio stop working, twice...I had to reset the infotainment system to sort this.

Rear covered "MG" logo area has condensation in it...seems to have trapped water! (I pointed this out on collection day).Apparently there are some “breather holes” . Does anyone know where these are located?

I have set a Max charge, (to 80%) and left my car on charge overnight. It does not work and the car has charged to 94%! I have also tried this when fast and ultra fast charging with the same outcome. This is set in the car as well as the app, (when that works).

Android Auto intermittently doesn't work. Wont connect or wont show as a phone is connected, even though it is.....I am using the original charge/data cable the phone came with, (A Mobile running Android 13).

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks
Had the Android Auto issue resolved it by purchasing a Anker USB3.1 1M Cable. It's shorter and tidier than the longer one which came with the phone.

I have noticed that the the heating doesn't seem to come quickly unless you select auto. I do this and disable the auto function when it get warm.

The infotainment system has a mind of it's own. If I choose USB2 it stays of for a few starts, but then decides it knows best and I get the radio by default. Only the Android activation overrides this behavior.

I charge at home with 7kw and an Ohme charger cable and indeed get 100% on my SE LR. Haven't had the need to use rapid charging, the car aced the 215 mile round trip journey from my home in Cambridgeshire to Gatwick airport last week, despite the cooler temperature - normal mode and ACC all the way.

My only real gripe is the software. I really wish it remembered all your settings from last time. I've not had any of the build quality issues you've experienced, and am overall very happy with it.

Hi All.
I am taking my new MG4 back to have some issues hopefully sorted on Thursday.
I've had some issues since picking the car up and was wondering if I'm alone. And would be great to see if others have had issues and if they have been resolved:
The issues are:

Rattle in glove box area and footwell. I have had a look and seems to be coming from behind the glove box. Is audible at low speeds, (10 to 35/40mph). Seems louder when the glove box is open.
(I have checked the heater pipes under the glove box and this is not the issue)...

Since I collected the car I have been unable to activate a pre-conditioning (with or without cable plugged in/charging). When I am unable to start a preconditioning/heating up of the car from the app I get an error code on the app, (47). (This is with the car plugged in, (charging and not charging) The app also intermittently stops working and will not connect to the car, I get a "GPS not found" error message or a "The Remote control instruction execution has failed, please try again later".

The heating system is cold until set to 25 - 26 degrees or above.

Also had infotainment radio stop working, twice...I had to reset the infotainment system to sort this.

Rear covered "MG" logo area has condensation in it...seems to have trapped water! (I pointed this out on collection day).Apparently there are some “breather holes” . Does anyone know where these are located?

I have set a Max charge, (to 80%) and left my car on charge overnight. It does not work and the car has charged to 94%! I have also tried this when fast and ultra fast charging with the same outcome. This is set in the car as well as the app, (when that works).

Android Auto intermittently doesn't work. Wont connect or wont show as a phone is connected, even though it is.....I am using the original charge/data cable the phone came with, (A Mobile running Android 13).

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi all. Bit of an update for you all, (and thanks to all for posting replies)!
MG4 was at the dealership for 3 days.

Rattle:
Gone. They put extra sound insulation behind the glove box.

Had 3 updates while at the dealership.
Pre conditioning:
Works now, 99% of the time. App connects with the car.

Heating system:
Same, no difference.

Rear logo misting:
Hasn't misted up since I collected but I suspect it will do in the right conditions.

Max charge:
Not tested yet, but hopefully will work as it should.....

Android Auto:
I have a new 3.1 lead and this connects 100% ok.
HOWEVER! When stationery the Google assistant works perfectly, when in motion the Google assistant does not work. Has anybody else experienced this?? If so any suggestions on a fix.....?

Also side note.
Since I've had the car back my miles per kilowatt average has improved. I was getting around 3 miles per kilowatt, but I'm now getting around 3.8 miles per kilowatt.....
Possibly the software updates have helped this??

All in all though I still love my MG4! It's truly a brilliant car and wonderful to drive. Just hope these small niggles are sorted out in the near future.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back