Has anyone got a software update for his / her ZS EV?

proudZSowner

Established Member
Reaction score
Subject says it all, has anyone already received a new software version that either supports scheduled loading or also shows SoC statistics?
I read about a January 2020 version, but unfortunately it was not verified.

and if so, where did you get the version installed?

thank you,

Hi,
I'm new here and I own the ZS EV in The Netherlands, which was just available since December 2019. So I am looking into finding more information about the car. Reading your post I thought: where can one see what the software version is of the vehicle?
Greeting,
Rob

Hi,
I'm new here and I own the ZS EV in The Netherlands, which was just available since December 2019. So I am looking into finding more information about the car. Reading your post I thought: where can one see what the software version is of the vehicle?
Greeting,
Rob

Hi Rob, there is a "System" menu on the infotainment screen where you can see the current software version.

Hi Rob, there is a "System" menu on the infotainment screen where you can see the current software version.
I think that only refers to the nav system - I don't know of any way of checking the version for charging and battery management other than asking your dealer to check the service record for the car.

Subject says it all, has anyone already received a new software version that either supports scheduled loading or also shows SoC statistics?

thank you,
There are two updates that supposedly fix deferred/timed charging released in December and January and can be applied by your dealer. The December one partially works but only seems to reliably allow charging up to two hours or so after plugging in and locking the car although mine (which has had the December update but not the January one) does occasionally charge after 4 or 5 hours. Not had much feedback on the January update but rumour has it that it only extends the 2 hr time and is still a bit of a bodge as MG has not implemented the protocol correctly and any longer would drain the 12v battery to an unacceptable degree. A proper fix is some months away. The impact of the issue also seems to be charger dependent with Zappi working better than most and Rolec having more problems. The work-around (if your charger allows it) is to trickle charge from plugging in to keep the car awake and then boost at full power during the cheaper rate period or to unlock and re-lock the car within the (approx) two hour period before the charge starts.

Hi,
Greeting,
Rob
Hai Rob
ik heb hem sinds deze week, tot nu toe bevalt hij wel , er zijn wel wat minpuntjes

You need to ask your dealer. It should be on the service record for the car against the VIN number. The only software version accessible to the owner seems to be for the navigation.

I have had the second timed charging update, plus there is a new wiring update for drivers door when you book in sometime, had these done on Tuesday this past week, and now i can leave the car plugged in 4 hours before a smart charge at 12.30 am and it does wake the car up with my current Ohme charger.

Last edited:

thank you,

Just been told by the dealer (Chorley) that my car has the update, You can now charge at home on a schedule.

I have had the second timed charging update, plus there is a new wiring update for drivers door when you book in sometime, had these done on Tuesday this past week, and now i can leave the car plugged in 4 hours before a smart charge at 12.30 am and it does wake the car up with my current Ohme charger.

Hiya all, I have an interest in the timed charging updates, especially since my first Rolec Smart charge, 3 weeks ago had failed on a Sunday/Monday morning. My dealer referred me to Rolec? I guess I need to confirm if latest updates are applied firstly? Thanks

Hiya all, I have an interest in the timed charging updates, especially since my first Rolec Smart charge, 3 weeks ago had failed on a Sunday/Monday morning. My dealer referred me to Rolec? I guess I need to confirm if latest updates are applied firstly? Thanks

The Mg EV after both updates are still not getting a timed charged, I think Rolec are doing their best to do a software update, but some people are doing a new method by replacing the circuit breaker in the charger unit with a wi fi one which your control by setting a time on your phone or ipad when it’s required.
So far this as worked.

[QUOTE="stumgev56]
.... some people are doing a new method by replacing the circuit breaker in the charger unit with a wi fi one which your control by setting a time on your phone or ipad when it’s required.
So far this as worked.
[/QUOTE]

sounds interessting - could you kindly provide a more detailed description or a link please?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom