• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Have an expected date!

Septian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Evening all,
Just a quick note to say my MG ZS EV (Exclusive, in black) is due to be delivered to my dealers on the 14th September, It can't come around quickly enough! :D

I've yet to hear anything from Rolec regarding survey for installing the charge point (Details have been passed on by my dealer apparently), but at the moment I'm fairly confident in the charging points around where I live, so I should be able to live for the meantime :)

I'm also hoping it comes with the comfort 2 update pre-installed. But we shall see

Nice to meet you all and lovely to be here!
Steve

Welcome and congratulations.

give the dealer a kick about the charger. Mine took a couple of calls to the dealer to get going.

make sure that they are going to do ALL the updates pre delivery. it’ll save a lot of hassle later. Others sources better than me as to what all these updates are.

Little bit of an update:
I actually went straight to Rolec regarding the issue (informed them MG were paying etc) and I was contacted next day by an installer, after taking numerous photos of the fuse board etc, the charger is hopefully due to be installed the week of the 7th September :)

Little update.. Collecting car next Wednesday at 3pm. Apparently sales guy has spoken to their service manager and they will update everything before I get it. I won't hold my breath though until I see it.

Have faith, they have gone from updating 9 cars a month to 9 cars a day. I bet they have the hang of it.
and congratulations!!

Have faith, they have gone from updating 9 cars a month to 9 cars a day. I bet they have the hang of it.
and congratulations!!
I hope so! To be honest the dealer has been really good, family run place that's been there since the 20s apparently, however I get the feeling that it's not really moved with the times as such, customer service from them up to this point has been first rate, but I've sent a couple of emails to them and had no reply.. But if I call them they sort any queries I have straight away ? I have this image of an email popping up and they say something like "That box with a screen is doing something again!" ?

Right, Have the car now! It's lovely! it already had the comfort 2 as it was like that when I picked it up.
Don't know if it's had the other updates, but the garage said they would be done as part of the "job sheet" one thing that did ring alarm bells was that the dealer told me that I need to "lock the car" to start charging on the type 2 cable (Granted it could be he didn't know about the update, I did say there were a bit "behind the times") But having the charge point installed on Friday, so will test then. My driveway is at the end of the garden, so a bit far for the granny cable test.

Need tints 🤣
20200916_155950.jpg

Nice. I also have the black. Yours looks nice 'n' shiny, my dealer wahsed my car with sandpaper prior to me collecting it, which didn't show in the showroom, but in sunlight you can see micro scratches all over it. Told them as much, they said it's because it's water based paint! 😂:rolleyes::mad: Pro cleanup job on the way.

Enjoy it (y)

Nice. I also have the black. Yours looks nice 'n' shiny, my dealer wahsed my car with sandpaper prior to me collecting it, which didn't show in the showroom, but in sunlight you can see micro scratches all over it. Told them as much, they said it's because it's water based paint! 😂:rolleyes::mad: Pro cleanup job on the way.

Enjoy it (y)
Rubbish, I’d tell them to sort it out...mine gone to the body shop today after a had a little mishap that’s cost me £600 excess really mad with myself, but have a Mercedes-Benz hire car the GLS and I can’t wait to get my car back, it just doesn’t feel as nice or inviting as my MG..

Evening all,
Just a quick note to say my MG ZS EV (Exclusive, in black) is due to be delivered to my dealers on the 14th September, It can't come around quickly enough! :D

I've yet to hear anything from Rolec regarding survey for installing the charge point (Details have been passed on by my dealer apparently), but at the moment I'm fairly confident in the charging points around where I live, so I should be able to live for the meantime :)

I'm also hoping it comes with the comfort 2 update pre-installed. But we shall see

Nice to meet you all and lovely to be here!
Steve
Be sure that all your electrics at home are entirely up to date as i am currently being messed about after my home charger a podpoint one was fitted by a company called energise from down south.The home charger was on for 2 weeks then i was informed it has to be deactivated as i have a loop power supply to my house off the main to one of my neighbours.Now i am waiting for my district network operator to do the upgrade cable issue which was picked up AFTER the installation was passed off.Surely energise and podpoint should have checked this beforehand with the district network operator and not arse about face as it has been done.I have been told it may be now 8 weeks before the upgrade cable is fitted.I do asbestos removal and cannot work on any property or building without first having a site survey in place to do my job so why didnt both companies do this before the install was undertaken and passed off.Not happy.BE AWARE.

Enjoy it (y)
Grrrrr

There is some truth in what they said, many water based paints are softer than old horrid to the planet paint systems.

HOWEVER, that is all the more reason to wash And dry it properly! I’m afraid I ask for the car not to be washed at all now.

I’m afraid I ask for the car not to be washed at all now.
Same here when going in for sevricing and so on. Mine is going in today to have the satnav looked at, and I will be moaning at te staff about the scratches and asking them not to wash it again.

The water based paint excuse is cobblers by the way - plenty of other car dealers manage to do this right and like you say, more care needed!

@Simon Oakley - I had a visit from our electricty supplier two days ago and have exactly the same issue as you, a dualled supply. So now we have to have our driveway dug up to rectify that! Not the end of the world but would have been nice to know beforehand.

Charger was installed today, had a mess with it and it works fine, however, I'm not sure if the timed charging update has been installed.. granted I didn't leave it any more than 30 seconds, but the car didn't start charging with the doors unlocked, it did however start charging straight away when I locked the doors. I'm having a longer type 2 being delivered tomorrow, so I don't have to drive forwards on to the drive, then I'll try it again with the doors unlocked for 5 mins or so.

Charger was installed today, had a mess with it and it works fine, however, I'm not sure if the timed charging update has been installed.. granted I didn't leave it any more than 30 seconds, but the car didn't start charging with the doors unlocked, it did however start charging straight away when I locked the doors. I'm having a longer type 2 being delivered tomorrow, so I don't have to drive forwards on to the drive, then I'll try it again with the doors unlocked for 5 mins or so.
Hi Septian,

Why do you want the charge the car with the doors unlocked, it serves no purpose in my mind and when you do lock the car when AC charging the charging lead is locked in, which stops, or at least deters mindless yobs unplugging the lead (which might be a common occurrence once they know how much they cost).

I have had the comfort update and no change to the AC charging, when using the type 2 plug you HAVE to lock the doors to initiate the charge. DC charging with CCS can be done locked or unlocked. On this forum it has been mentioned that after the comfort update the AC Charging can be done with the cars unlocked but I am not too sure if this is actually correct. Over to the members to confirm this one way or the other?

Have a good weekend.

Regards

Frank

Hi Septian,

Why do you want the charge the car with the doors unlocked, it serves no purpose in my mind and when you do lock the car when AC charging the charging lead is locked in, which stops, or at least deters mindless yobs unplugging the lead (which might be a common occurrence once they know how much they cost).

I have had the comfort update and no change to the AC charging, when using the type 2 plug you HAVE to lock the doors to initiate the charge. DC charging with CCS can be done locked or unlocked. On this forum it has been mentioned that after the comfort update the AC Charging can be done with the cars unlocked but I am not too sure if this is actually correct. Over to the members to confirm this one way or the other?

Have a good weekend.

Regards

Frank
Hi Frank thanks for the reply.
It wasn't really with the doors unlocked I was worried about, I've read that's it's a way to check whether the BMS update has been done (which includes timed charging) as obviously I want to take advantage of the smart charger night charging, but if the car goes to sleep without a trickle charge it kind of defeats the point 😊

Hi Frank thanks for the reply.
It wasn't really with the doors unlocked I was worried about, I've read that's it's a way to check whether the BMS update has been done (which includes timed charging) as obviously I want to take advantage of the smart charger night charging, but if the car goes to sleep without a trickle charge it kind of defeats the point 😊
Ok, I see, I am in the unfortunate (but not competely) position that my electricity supply can't be changed but luckily I always pay the same amount each month no matter how MUCH electricity I use so I suppose it could be argued that my costs to run my car are free.

All the best and I hope you get your timed charging sorted.

Regards

Frank

Just to clarify, a/c charging with unlocked doors seems to be from the August hvb fuse update and not from comfort2.

I believe timed charging was implemented in earlier bms update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom