• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Have an expected date!

no need. I know what it looks like. It just keeps moving out as it tries and fails to wake the car up.

I would like to think this is going to be be further fix to charging software on the car to allow multiple charges. It does work now, it’s just a one shot.

The car will go to sleep after I think 10hrs anyway.

no need. I know what it looks like. It just keeps moving out as it tries and fails to wake the car up.

I would like to think this is going to be be further fix to charging software on the car to allow multiple charges. It does work now, it’s just a one shot.

The car will go to sleep after I think 10hrs anyway.
That's helpful to know, thanks!

That's a shame. On one hand I want to go easy on MG as they're still a fledgling company but on the other hand its annoying watching them struggle. I made that video so you had proof.

So do these buff out then??
View attachment 656

That's exactly how my car looks all over. Very, very annoying. I even told the dealer before purchase I didn't expect this on a new car. Anyway, when I'm back in gainful employment, mine will be going to a professional to get it sorted.

Last edited:
Update!
Took the car to the other local dealer, I had explained to them my situation and they asked if I would be willing to leave the car with them to be updated and they would check to make sure it's all correct. I arrived at 8:30am yesterday and I told them I'd hang around, I had a nice wander into the local town for some food etc they were done by 12:30, all done under warranty and they said they have one guy that does all the EV's at the moment, so he knows his stuff.
Long story short, Thompson First in Stroud were amazing, they even gave the car a quick clean for me (as it's black and had mud splatters up the sides) I took the car home and it charged on AC with the doors open, result!
So basically they will be getting all my future custom, I'm willing to drive just that little bit further for some truly excellent customer service.

Update!
Took the car to the other local dealer, I had explained to them my situation and they asked if I would be willing to leave the car with them to be updated and they would check to make sure it's all correct. I arrived at 8:30am yesterday and I told them I'd hang around, I had a nice wander into the local town for some food etc they were done by 12:30, all done under warranty and they said they have one guy that does all the EV's at the moment, so he knows his stuff.
Long story short, Thompson First in Stroud were amazing, they even gave the car a quick clean for me (as it's black and had mud splatters up the sides) I took the car home and it charged on AC with the doors open, result!
So basically they will be getting all my future custom, I'm willing to drive just that little bit further for some truly excellent customer service.
Shame it’s over 2 hour 30 minutes away from me otherwise on recommendation I would have used them too....

Shame it’s over 2 hour 30 minutes away from me otherwise on recommendation I would have used them too....
Yes, that is a shame! to be honest in terms of miles it's only an additional 10 minutes for me to drive (21 mins to "main" dealer and 35 mins to Stroud according to Google Maps) so it is a no brainer for me to take it there in the future, in hindsight I wish I would have bought from them in the first place.. But I suppose you usually go with the closest and the dealer I bought the car from has good reviews.. but for EV's I don't think I'd bother with them again.

Purchase my car 2 weeks ago the dealer assured me all updates had been done but to granny charge it has to be locked so can I assume the latest updates have not been done.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom