Hazard Lights Flashing

psmyth07

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello,
Was wondering if someone could help me? I have a MG4 Trophy, I've noticed a few times when I've been stopped or coming to a stop my hazards start flashing, I just assumed it thought the car behind was driving too fast/close?

However, I was stuck in traffic yesterday, HGV behind me just stopped, every time a car passed the opposite way my hazards kept flashing, what is the feature meant to do?

Thanks

Hi, I have only seen this a few times when vehicles have approached quickly from behind, perhaps changing lane just before they get to me in a multi lane situation.

It is mentioned in the manual but from memory it states the brake lights will flash which must be a translation error.

Sounds like it's gone beyound a feature and now bordering on a fault. The front collision sensors might need recalibrating.

unlikely that the front sensors are being used to detect vehicles approaching from the rear. Just normal operation as per the owners manual. In nearly 6000 miles of driving I have noticed this about 3 times. On two occasions I was stationary in multilane traffic at lights where cars approached from behind without slowing and swapped lanes quite late.

It seems everyone is just looking for problems where they don’t exist with these cars. A bit like my air con is making a noise. They all make a noise so just maybe nothing is wrong….

I expect in a few cases there is a problem but for the majority it is just how it is.

Hello,
Was wondering if someone could help me? I have a MG4 Trophy, I've noticed a few times when I've been stopped or coming to a stop my hazards start flashing, I just assumed it thought the car behind was driving too fast/close?

However, I was stuck in traffic yesterday, HGV behind me just stopped, every time a car passed the opposite way my hazards kept flashing, what is the feature meant to do?

Thanks
Was just going to add my MG5 does that if you break heavily so it's a visual warning for other cars that a car is breaking heavily in front so they can react, useful feature but embarrassing to get it to stop.

Thanks for the replies, might just leave it to see how often it does it. Also, should this prompt a warning on the dash? Because I only ever see it from the corner of my eye on the wing mirror

Does this help?

1692364628444.png

I don't believe it is the RCW being activated. It is a proximity warning. I have had it when cars pass closely in an adjacent lane. There is no eating in the dash, just the rapid flashing of the indicators.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back