Headlight bulbs

Cookyclub

Standard Member
Reaction score
Want better headlights as bulbs are rubbish, don't want full led bulbs so what's the best option
Don't want a blue hue or any other colours, just plain white, no idea what k that would be. Are they def hb3 fitting?
Does brighter bulbs have an effect on the battery usage.
Btw I've got a 70 reg zs exclusive

All the same power unless you go for non-road legal stuff.
I fitted Osram Nightbreaker Lasers as I’ve found them good in the past. Brighter and a bit whiter than factory.

I think 3500K are the whitest halogens that are road legal.
Edit: seen some road legal ones for sale claiming 4500K.

Last edited:
All the same power unless you go for non-road legal stuff.
I fitted Osram Nightbreaker Lasers as I’ve found them good in the past. Brighter and a bit whiter than factory.
I was looking at Nightbreakers before I went LED, but they only had a 6 month warranty.:confused:

Thanks all, so it's a toss up between nightbreakers and the piaa ones.
Can't find many reviews for the piaa ones though
Anyone had issues with either before I buy some

Attachments

• IMG20200924181303~2.jpg
    IMG20200924181303~2.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 246
Don’t know about LED headlights, but just ordered some internal LED mood lights to fit, should be here on a Sunday. They can also interact with my beats...how old am I again!! The kids will love it...

Don’t know about LED headlights, but just ordered some internal LED mood lights to fit, should be here on a Sunday. They can also interact with my beats...how old am I again!! The kids will love it...
They sell LED bulbs that are supposedly for fog lights but fit the MG headlights that pulse and change colours with the beat. Imagine, UFO spotted whizzing down the M1. :LOL:

Do you guys who are using the LEDs plan on swapping over to the OEM halogens when it comes to service and MOT time?

Wouldn't LED lights be better for this car as they draw less power than traditional halogen bulbs.

Do you guys who are using the LEDs plan on swapping over to the OEM halogens when it comes to service and MOT time?
Probably, for the MOT, depends if I can get the backs off the headlamp unit easy enough for the servicing. :)
I'm thinking of 3d printing a tool to make it easier.

Try using led lights in snowing conditions, especially if it's wet snow, and you'll miss the halogen lights.
LEDs, in my experience, does not generate enough heat to keep the glass ice free.
And, ofcourse there's the case of the legality of the LEDs, if they aren't type approved for the car.

My biggest gripe is the lacking heat though.
But then again, I live in a place where snow is measured in meters, and winter temperatures ofthen goes below -20 degrees Celsius, and that kind of impact my opinion on stuff 😁

I live in Rotherham, too much pollution in the air for snow. :whistle:
Not had any problems with the LED headlights on the Prius in the last 4 winters.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom