Heater and Air Con not working new car

I think there is some confusion about the type of bulb and what actually is an 'LED'...... I have been told that in order to fit the more powerful type of LED legally, the car needs to be fitted with automatic self-levelling systems...which I don't think ours is. I think you need to do more research, if you are worried about breaking the law.
Not legal, so your insurance will be invalid and, when the time for MOTs arrives, an MOT fail.

Took delivery of ZS end of April and I am suffering steamy windows and no air or aircon. Must be a similar issue 😢
just to update, turned out it had no heater fuse. Everything lit up, but as the techs didn’t actually start the blower it didn’t show on the check list. Removed for shipping apparently. The dealership didn’t know about it either so they have now changed the checklist.

Slightly different problem with the ac/heater blower - mine starts up fine then after a few minutes it stops. Turn it off and back on and it works for another minute or so then stops again. Booked into dealers for investigation. Anyone any ideas what could be causing this, was thinking maybe resister issue.

I checked the fuse - and it was missing completely! That's not entirely true, it was in a little plastic bag in the glove compartment. Presumably it's removed to minimise battery use during delivery etc and someone forgot to put it back. Anyway all works well now :)
Let's hope they didn't miss anything else on the PDI.

From my experience, the PDI checks are a pretty much “ Kick The Tyres” affair, when you consider what stuff gets missed !.
My last new car still had the protective white sticky tape, that they put on the bonnet for protection when transporting, stuck to the underside front of the bonnet. So it proved they never even opened the bonnet.

My last new car still had the protective white sticky tape, that they put on the bonnet for protection when transporting, stuck to the underside front of the bonnet. So it proved they never even opened the bonnet.
I rest my case M/Lord !.
I served my apprenticeship in a huge dealership many many years ago now.
The service department use to charge the sales department for the PDI work on a new car.
The “Tech” was given .75 of an hour ( 45 mins ) to give the car a full check over from a detailed “Tick Box” sheet.
This included a full underbody check on a lift also.
I once found a oil leak on a brand new Mini that turned out to be a porous hole in the gearbox casing, that I later removed the engine & box, stripped and replaced the casing.
Them days are long gone now !.
The factory would NOT fit a complete box, casing only.
The car was delivered to the customer ( none of the wiser, the following day.
Casing shipped overnight.
Sorry, I digress.
Then we was given .2 of hour ( 20 mins ) to drill and fit the number plates to the car.
The workshop ran on a performance / bonus system.
You would receive a increase in your salary if you could under cut the factory allotted times !.
Hard to believe, but very true.
Now you under stand my fear of dealerships !.

I have the same issue as the original post, would anybody please be able to advise where this fuse is supposed to be? i have to pick my 13 month old son up in a car with no air con in 30 degree heat, its awful!

I wasn’t in the garage but they had the glove box open. It will be in your manual I assume. I was ready to ring the AA it was so cold!

I checked the fuse - and it was missing completely! That's not entirely true, it was in a little plastic bag in the glove compartment. Presumably it's removed to minimise battery use during delivery etc and someone forgot to put it back. Anyway all works well now :)
Which fuse was missing?

Slightly different problem with the ac/heater blower - mine starts up fine then after a few minutes it stops. Turn it off and back on and it works for another minute or so then stops again. Booked into dealers for investigation. Anyone any ideas what could be causing this, was thinking maybe resister issue.
Has the dealer given you a solution,as mine is doing the same thing?😭

Has the dealer given you a solution, as mine is doing the same thing?😭
You really need to contact your dealer when things like that start to happen, these are serious issues and not just rattles and bangs, it could lead to something far more serious, you after all are sitting on top of high voltage👍👍👍

I reported it to the dealer and first time they could not find a problem. had to show them the issue. they have now diagnosed the issue and are waiting for the new part to arrive. It will be over a week tomorrow since the part was ordered so if I do not hear anything tomorrow morning I am going to have a ride down there.

I took delivery of my MG ZS EV yesterday, all fine but the heater and air con (fan) doesn't seem to work. The temperature 'gauge' and fan speed indicator on the infotainment screen move when I twiddle the knobs but no air out of any of the vents. When I press the air direction buttons I can hear flaps moving behind the dash. Has anybody else come across this

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom