Heater on When Charging

Esi

Standard Member
Reaction score
I used my old EV last winter and on my 240m journey to Yorkshire I used to sit in the car while rapid charging and had the heater on in freezing cold weather.
Why can’t I do it in my MG?

Thanks Lee
My 1st week in ZSev
But it’s what I read in the Manual
Esi

You’re welcome @Esi
I re-read the manual last night, only mention I could find was the car must be off for slow charging.
what page were you looking at?

Hi Lee
Can’t find it now
Maybe I read it on the web somewhere
I’m going to the garage to update the software on Friday as they couldn’t do it last week. I shall ask them and let you know
Esi

Sorry to resurrect this thread but......

The vehicle manual does contradict itself. At one point it states that the vehicle should not be ON when charging then elsewhere states to set the vehicle status to ON to check the rate of charge.

Is it possible to sit in the car with status READY when the vehicle is being charged at a rapid charger?

Many thanks.

The vehicle manual does contradict itself. At one point it states that the vehicle should not be ON when charging then elsewhere states to set the vehicle status to ON to check the rate of charge.

Is it possible to sit in the car with status READY when the vehicle is being charged at a rapid charger?

Many thanks.
Yes it is to keep heating on etc, but it will obviously increase your charging times slightly, I did yesterday evening as I was cold.

It will heat fine on a rapid.

Doesn’t seem to on an AC charger though - I was sitting on an AC Pod Point the other day whilst waiting for the rapid to become free and it didn’t seem to be keen to warm up.

Hi all
I have done that with a/c @ heater on but you have to lock yourself in and sit still as you may set the alarm off.

Hi all
I have done that with a/c @ heater on but you have to lock yourself in and sit still as you may set the alarm off.
Does the alarm arm when you lock the doors? Why do you need to arm the alarm to have the heater on?

Hi all
My car charges on AC with the doors unlocked but I found the heater wasn’t particularly keen on warming up much.

My car charges on AC with the doors unlocked but I found the heater wasn’t particularly keen on warming up much.
Maybe due to the fact that the charger can't cope with or is prioritising charging the HV battery and running the heater. You're doing something it probably wasn't originally designed to do.

Many thanks.
I always rapid charge my eZS with the HVAC cooling on because of Costa Rica tropical weather.

Last edited:
Hi
Tried locking from inside but didn’t start the charge. Had to use the fob and it did. Then Alarm is on Automatically when you lock

That’s interesting. Mine charges with doors locked by pressing button on inside door while sitting in car. Alarm not activated by doing this.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom