Heating control

tex

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi we have just got our mgev4 se long range.wanted a trophy but none
seem to be sent to Cornwall was offered this car as colour I ordered Camden grey
can you get any heat and use fan without having the ac on.

Is the functionality not just the same as in other modern cars? Auto button for full climate mode and A/C turns the air conditioning system on/off?

suggests this at 3:40 in the video.

Hi we have just got our mgev4 se long range.wanted a trophy but none
seem to be sent to Cornwall was offered this car as colour I ordered Camden grey
can you get any heat and use fan without having the ac on.

Yes. Just press the a/c button to turnoff the a/c then you have heat with no a/c

It has climate control not A/C. Climate control cools and heats whereas A/C only cools.

Having climate control doesn’t mean you don’t have a/c and of course climate control can be used with or without the a/c it just won’t cool if you switch the a/c off

Yes. Just press the a/c button to turnoff the a/c then you have heat with no a/c

Having climate control doesn’t mean you don’t have a/c and of course climate control can be used with or without the a/c it just won’t cool if you switch the a/c off
Thanks I thought that would be the case

Thanks

Does anyone else have issues with heating/preheating the car? On my MG4 Trophy, if I try to preheat the car to 19-20C, I can see the system starting but after 10 minutes the temperature stays what it was before (10C or so, for example).
Same while driving, it only starts heating if we set 24C or higher, even if the temperature is like 15C.

Does anyone else have issues with heating/preheating the car? On my MG4 Trophy, if I try to preheat the car to 19-20C, I can see the system starting but after 10 minutes the temperature stays what it was before (10C or so, for example).
Same while driving, it only starts heating if we set 24C or higher, even if the temperature is like 15C.
I am noticing that the temperature on the climate control is way off. I need to have it set at 25 or 26 degrees otherwise it’s freezing. Any other car I’ve had has been 21 or 22 for comfortable temp.

Have you cross checked against an actual thermometer in the car?

Have you cross checked against an actual thermometer in the car?
I have. The temp in car is 4 to 6 degrees under the climate control set temp at any given time, allowing 30 minutes for the car to warm up. Eco mode disabled.

I'd put it in for a warranty repair then. Sounds like the sensor needs to be replaced.

I'd put it in for a warranty repair then. Sounds like the sensor needs to be replaced.
It’s going in next Wednesday for the breather pipe fitting plus a list of other niggles, the temperature will be on the list.

I'm "glad" we're not the only ones, then! I checked with 2 thermometers, the temperature inside is same (or 1C off) the temperature reported by the app (which sometimes report 87C so maybe the sensor is a bit faulty). However, even with Eco off, it takes ages to warm or need to set high temperatures (and still it then blows cold air when it's 4-5C colder inside).
I'm going to book with the MG service on Monday, hopefully they'll sort it.
I also noticed the driveway wet under the bonnet (or close to that), I wonder if there's a leak there too or if it's just water.. I'll keep an eye on that too

I also noticed the driveway wet under the bonnet (or close to that), I wonder if there's a leak there too or if it's just water.. I'll keep an eye on that too
If you are running the ac with the heating, I would argue you usually should (other opinions are available!), then you will see a pool of water under the front of car. This is normal.

If you are running the ac with the heating, I would argue you usually should (other opinions are available!), then you will see a pool of water under the front of car. This is normal.
I was running the preheating (from the app) as a test as it never preheated the car so far, so I'd think only the heating should have been on

I was running the preheating (from the app) as a test as it never preheated the car so far, so I'd think only the heating should have been on
A/C being on will result in water dripping from the car. I’m fairly sure pre heating cabin has a/c activated

I'm "glad" we're not the only ones, then! I checked with 2 thermometers, the temperature inside is same (or 1C off) the temperature reported by the app (which sometimes report 87C so maybe the sensor is a bit faulty). However, even with Eco off, it takes ages to warm or need to set high temperatures (and still it then blows cold air when it's 4-5C colder inside).
I'm going to book with the MG service on Monday, hopefully they'll sort it.
I've had that 87°C in the app 😂. Rescanned and it corrected itself.

It’s going in next Wednesday for the breather pipe fitting plus a list of other niggles, the temperature will be on the list.
Hi, out of curiosity, did they say anything about the heating issue? Also, I hope they fixed your breather issue for good! I have to wait other 10 days for my service check.
I also have the read windscreen heater not woring the bottom part of the windscreen, a problem after another! :(

Hi, out of curiosity, did they say anything about the heating issue? Also, I hope they fixed your breather issue for good! I have to wait other 10 days for my service check.
I also have the read windscreen heater not woring the bottom part of the windscreen, a problem after another! :(
They’ve reported the heating issue, waiting for reply

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel