Heating control

The bottom couple of elements are the radio aerial.
Pretty sure it should defog all of it like every normal car in the world, and not just a part of it
1668876069042.png

Pretty sure it should defog all of it like every normal car in the world, and not just a part of it View attachment 12876
Bottom elements are the radio aerial, like he said and like many cars in late 90s, so it won’t defrost down there. Yes, it is a compromise, penny pinching where it actually matters and I wish it were different, but one of the reasons the car is so cheap.

That'd be a very poor design, and something MG dealer didn't tell me, even after I sent them the same photo.. we'll see soon

That'd be a very poor design, and something MG dealer didn't tell me, even after I sent them the same photo.. we'll see soon
What are you going to see soon? It’s the aerial at the bottom. Has made zero difference to me….

What are you going to see soon? It’s the aerial at the bottom. Has made zero difference to me….
Nothing, just when I told the dealership, they didn't tell me it's by design, and that they'll check when they'll have my car to check the other issues (heating not working properly and possible breather pipe issue).
If it's by design then yes we'll live with it, and with all the other problems and rubbish infotaiment system, until we'll give up and change the car :)

If it's by design then yes we'll live with it, and with all the other problems and rubbish infotaiment system, until we'll give up and change the car :)

I hope that MG read these sort of comments on the forum. Sadly I expect that if they do the sentiments are filtered out before they reach the management.

Two reading this morning
While I was looking to preheat.
First one shows 20 Deg inside the car.
1000001933.jpg

If you then click refresh about 20 times it keeps dropping down a bit each time
Until this one
1000001935.jpg

Is there anything on this car that works right 🤔😡

Two reading this morning
While I was looking to preheat.
First one shows 20 Deg inside the car.
View attachment 12917

If you then click refresh about 20 times it keeps dropping down a bit each time
Until this one
View attachment 12919

Is there anything on this car that works right 🤔😡
Perhaps the first reading is from when it was last used and it takes a few minutes for it to update?

Perhaps the first reading is from when it was last used and it takes a few minutes for it to update?
Every press of the refresh button dropped it a Deg or so over the space of 13 minutes.
That interior sensor is absolutely crap and not fit for purpose.
No wonder the heating doesn't know what it's doing half the time.

Heater calibration is a known issue.
Mine didn’t pump any heat out until 26C but, strangely, I noticed it’s starting heating at 21/22 now.
I’ve no clue if the MG does over the air updates, I can’t explain it otherwise.

Heater calibration is a known issue.
Mine didn’t pump any heat out until 26C but, strangely, I noticed it’s starting heating at 21/22 now.
I’ve no clue if the MG does over the air updates, I can’t explain it otherwise.
Perhaps the packaging that was accidentally left around the sensor has dropped off 🤣

It has climate control not A/C. Climate control cools and heats whereas A/C only cools.
I dont think this the case.its air conditioning. Not air cooling. With normal a.c you can heat conditioned air. It just means its warm and dry .
Climate control monitors the cabin temp relative to the temperature you have set and varies fan speed accordingly .

I dont think this the case.its air conditioning. Not air cooling. With normal a.c you can heat conditioned air. It just means its warm and dry .
Climate control monitors the cabin temp relative to the temperature you have set and varies fan speed accordingly .
You’re commenting on a 17 day old post and this has already been discussed/answered if you read the thread 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back