Heavy duty mobility scooter in MG ZS EV

ZSDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone on this forum carry a mobility scooter in their ZS EV? I am particularly interested in one that can carry a user of about 24 stones. I realise that that figure does greatly reduce the choice.

Has anyone managed to use a Twingo Flyte scooter with it's self loading ramps?

Thanks.

Dave

Hi my wife had a pavement scooter that would disassemble in four parts.It would all go into boot of previous car ,a ford C Max.
On the ZS i found I had to put scooter seat onto the back seat.It was getting on a bit and was due to be renewed.
We looked for a more easily stored one but price was bit out of our budget.
However I came across this electric wheelchair that easily folds,can even leave batteries on it.
Just about fits flat in ZS boot with seats still in place,but I've found it easier to just put in and lean against seat back.Reversing not a problem as I got exclusive model with reversing camera.
Weight of chair is 24kg

Tel
Screenshot_2021-10-27-14-44-23-905.jpeg

Does anyone on this forum carry a mobility scooter in their ZS EV? I am particularly interested in one that can carry a user of about 24 stones. I realise that that figure does greatly reduce the choice.

Thanks.

Dave
Hi Dave - I don’t know about wheelchairs but I have a folding bike that fits the ZS boot beautifully. We’ve now swapped to a 5Long Range and we hope my wife’s folding three wheeler (if / when it arrives from Spain?) will be able to fit alongside albeit with the back seat folded. We picked up a folding plastic dog ramp which may help loading and unloading.
My bike on it’s own fitted flat with the cover closed and the seats in place.
Archie

My wife has a folding electric wheelchair and folding hoist to lift it in but it is very very tight, I have seen pictures of a folding mobility scooter in the back but it goes in with a hoist onto the back seats that have to be folded down so your car becomes a two seater, I think ramps would be to steep maybe

Attachments

• 20211028_110111.jpg
    20211028_110111.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 20211028_105923.jpg
    20211028_105923.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 248
Thanks for the replies so far folks. This afternoon I am looking at a scooter that dismantles and on Monday next week I am having a demo of a (expensive!) Quingo Flyte that self loads.

In the meantime any other observations welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Hi, my wife has a supascoota which breaks down into 4 pieces ,the tyres are wide which are good on grass they also make a heavy-duty version.

Thanks.

Dave
My wife has a scooter that breaks into 4 parts from Livewell .costs about £600 i think with a bigger long range battery .takes up to 21 stone ,but through our experience it is ok with 25 stone .it fits in easily in the boot under the parcel shelf with room for some shopping when needed . Had the scooter now for over 3yrs with no problems.

Thanks.

Dave
livewell jaunt + plus £629

My wife has a scooter that breaks into 4 parts from Livewell .costs about £600 i think with a bigger long range battery .takes up to 21 stone ,but through our experience it is ok with 25 stone .it fits in easily in the boot under the parcel shelf with room for some shopping when needed . Had the scooter now for over 3yrs with no problems.
Is that the Go-Go elite, that's what we have. ;)

An update on the expensive Twingo Flyte. (Priced at £5299.)

On Thursday last week I arranged to have a home demonstration and was told I would get an email confirmation the same day (Thursday) and that I would get a phone call on Friday telling me who the demonstrator would be. Neither of these two things happened.

The demo appointment was scheduled for 10-00 yesterday (Monday 1 November) At 10-30 I received a phone call to say that the demonstrator's van had broken down! My response was that I didn't believe that, given the lack of promised email and phone call. So long story short (sorry about the length of this) I told Twingo I was no longer interested. I then went to a local(ish) dealer who had a scooter that would carry my 25 stone and hopefully accommodate my height of 6'5". Seems quite favourable but before making a decision I have one other dealer on my list to look at their stock and compare specs and prices.

Thank you all for your input on this subject.

Dave

The scooter I bought was a Lithium Vantage, manufactured by One Rehab. When dismantled it is a snug fit in the boot of my ZS EV with the back seat up.

Cheers

Dave

An update on the expensive Twingo Flyte. (Priced at £5299.)

On Thursday last week I arranged to have a home demonstration and was told I would get an email confirmation the same day (Thursday) and that I would get a phone call on Friday telling me who the demonstrator would be. Neither of these two things happened.

The demo appointment was scheduled for 10-00 yesterday (Monday 1 November) At 10-30 I received a phone call to say that the demonstrator's van had broken down! My response was that I didn't believe that, given the lack of promised email and phone call. So long story short (sorry about the length of this) I told Twingo I was no longer interested. I then went to a local(ish) dealer who had a scooter that would carry my 25 stone and hopefully accommodate my height of 6'5". Seems quite favourable but before making a decision I have one other dealer on my list to look at their stock and compare specs and prices.

Thank you all for your input on this subject.

Dave
Glad you did not go with Quingo cost is too high and cost a lot to have them looked at.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom