Hello Aussies

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
The MG4 is just being introduced to Australia so we can look forwards to new members joining this forum. G,day.
I guess we,ll have to get used to 12 hour time delayed answers.
Early Youtube videos suggest the model range is the same but with one exception , there does seem to be a constant medium to high pitched drone coming from around the drivers side of the cabin, I have searched all posts but not seen this reported in UK or European forums. At a bit of a loss really!
Any suggestions?

The MG4 is just being introduced to Australia so we can look forwards to new members joining this forum. G,day.
I guess we,ll have to get used to 12 hour time delayed answers.
Early Youtube videos suggest the model range is the same but with one exception , there does seem to be a constant medium to high pitched drone coming from around the drivers side of the cabin, I have searched all posts but not seen this reported in UK or European forums. At a bit of a loss really!
Any suggestions?
Is it getting to a stage now, we should be thinking about attaching a flag of origin to our avatars ,might help clarify some of the questions. 💁‍♂️

Is it getting to a stage now, we should be thinking about attaching a flag of origin to our avatars ,might help clarify some of the questions. 💁‍♂️
Speak ev has that, quite a good idea

There seems to be a heavily Scottish bias in this forum .
Have the Scottish dealers an unfair advantage with SAIC when sourcing their vehicles , with preferential delivery dates over and above everyone else? Just asking!
Aye, It’s the wee nip that greases the wheels of industry. 🥃

There seems to be a heavily Scottish bias in this forum .
Have the Scottish dealers an unfair advantage with SAIC when sourcing their vehicles , with preferential delivery dates over and above everyone else? Just asking!
Not really. They are just better at complaining 🤣

Gets tin hat...

They aren't that good, there's no tartan paint option.
Missed opportunity on MG’s part.
764800B1-8F66-4DFC-8C7C-066A4F513BDD.jpeg

Hi BigAl - from Sydney, Australia :)

MG Australia say the MG4 will be available here 2H2023.

They were saying 1H2023 late last year, so hoping we don't see more slippage. :)

In the UK did the bigger MG dealers get better access to MG4 stock or was stock reasonably spread around the dealers?

Greetings from Perth (the slightly warmer version with less tartan)

I wonder was anyone else down here disappointed with the big unveiling? No price, no delivery or even order dates? They just pulled the sheet off and revealed the car many of us have seen already.

(sorry if I sound a bit salty, but I was also told to expect 1Q2023 when I put down a 'not really a deposit' last year)

Have been really enjoying this forum in the meantime though, big thanks to all the great contributors :)

Greetings from Perth

I wonder was anyone else down here disappointed with the big unveiling?

Hi Jim - agree with your sentiments.

No price, no delivery or even order dates? They just pulled the sheet off and revealed the car many of us have seen already.

(sorry if I sound a bit salty, but I was also told to expect 1Q2023 when I put down a 'not really a deposit' last year)

The 2H2023 release in Australia 'might' end up being just before Christmas 2023 or even pushed into 2024? We just don't know.

I'd love to be able to buy a MG4 asap - as would many people, however I'm coming to the view that I can use the delay in MG Australia getting their act together to check out the alternatives.

We shall see...

In the UK did the bigger MG dealers get better access to MG4 stock or was stock reasonably spread around the dealers?
Welcome Bazza,

The UK was in a different situation. At the time of the MG4's introduction, there had been severe supply chain issues leading to huge delays on new cars. To avoid UK dealers going bankrupt, MG decided to use an allocation system whereby they would make batches of cars and ship them over then allocate to specific dealers only when they arrived in port.

Allocations seem to have been spread out pretty evenly but that may have been MG UK's decision.

More recently with a new booking system, MG are supposed to have switched to build-to-order, however it seems some people are still having to wait months before their car arrives in the UK and they can track it.

What they will do for Australia/NZ I do not know.

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to buy a MG4 asap - as would many people, however I'm coming to the view that I can use the delay in MG Australia getting their act together to check out the alternatives.
Same here, though choices here are still seem very limited and pricey. I'd also consider a second hand Tesla, but prices are still insane (2-3 y/o cars seem to cost close to new after incentives). A new Model 3 almost seems to make better financial sense 🤷‍♂️ even though I've always been happy with much cheaper/older cars in the past.

Same here, though choices here are still seem very limited and pricey. I'd also consider a second hand Tesla, but prices are still insane (2-3 y/o cars seem to cost close to new after incentives). A new Model 3 almost seems to make better financial sense 🤷‍♂️ even though I've always been happy with much cheaper/older cars in the past.
With better supply of Teslas in the UK recently, new Teslas have had big price cuts and used Teslas have dropped significantly in value, making a 3-4 year old M3 possible at roughly the same price as a new MG4 LR Trophy (our top spec).

It is possible the same will happen where you are.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back