Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My experience with this when trying to make a phone cal using my voice is:

"Hello MG - Call Wendy"
"Calling Phil B"

"Hello MG - Call House"
"Calling Starling Customer services"

Tried many times, with many tones of voice, fast, slow etc and the result is always the same.

My info system is on R30
Tried it whilst driving and when stationary too

Can you train the system to your voice ?
What are other peoples experience with this ?

My experience was the same as yours, next to useless. AFAIK there is no way to train it. I switched it off as it was so frustrating, also, there were issues with Apple Car Play and Siri with it switched on.

I’ve found to really do need to pronounce and pause slightly longer between words to get it to work accurately. It’s ok, but not great. I’ll think I’ll rarely use it though.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpeg
    IMG_1769.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 224
My experience with this when trying to make a phone cal using my voice is:

"Hello MG - Call Wendy"
"Calling Phil B"

"Hello MG - Call House"
"Calling Starling Customer services"

Tried many times, with many tones of voice, fast, slow etc and the result is always the same.

My info system is on R30
Tried it whilst driving and when stationary too

Can you train the system to your voice ?
Same issue here with my MG4 Trophy. Wasted an entire afternoon at the dealership as they are clueless!

Turned mine off - as it was 'listening' to our conversation and pipped in with something when we just mentioned xyz - Cant recall what we were saying - But non the less its turned off now

Also - Does anyone have fun with Carplay (apple) wise - I cant voice reply to txts - It sits there - Waiting to capture your words - Its like the Mic is turned off ?! Yet Apple Car play 'Phone' works fine .. Which to me is all I really need - Txts can wait or I can call if its urgent .. Just wondering if its laggy or its a bug on mine ..

Turned mine off - as it was 'listening' to our conversation and pipped in with something when we just mentioned xyz - Cant recall what we were saying - But non the less its turned off now

Also - Does anyone have fun with Carplay (apple) wise - I cant voice reply to txts - It sits there - Waiting to capture your words - Its like the Mic is turned off ?! Yet Apple Car play 'Phone' works fine .. Which to me is all I really need - Txts can wait or I can call if its urgent .. Just wondering if its laggy or its a bug on mine ..
I have this issue when Hello MG is activated then CarPlay text dictation doesn’t work, but yours is switched off you say. Worth double checking it hasn’t been reactivated?

I had another glitch where I had same issue but not Hello MG related, that was off but text dictation not working. Trying to diagnose the issue, I plugged my wife’s iphone in and made a new CarPlay connection, tested dictation, worked first time. Then when I plugged my phone back in it worked again. Do you have another iPhone you could connect and see if you get same result?

I’ve never used the car voice integration in any car fitted with it (VW, MG, Cupra)
I’ve just always said “hey siri” and everything comes through the car speakers anyway.
🤷‍♂️

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel