• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Help! Can no longer access in-car SatNav

I thought you had a YouTube channel by the same name?

edit, just seen your post saying it’s not me, then we all started talking about gaming. Oops

I thought you had a YouTube channel by the same name?

edit, just seen your post saying it’s not me, then we all started talking about gaming. Oops

The name I use here is obviously more common than I thought! I do partake in a spot of gaming, but with a different name and I don’t stream or do any of that old nonsense ;)

The annoying thing about all this is it's probably (hopefully!) a simple fix. I hope the dealer doesn't start taking things to pieces to send the unit back "as it's faulty". Also annoyed that Naviextras haven't repsonded to my two requests for support :mad::mad::mad: Anyway, I'll report back once it's been to the dealer late this week.

I have the exact same issue following the map update from naviextras, just stuck on the accept screen. I saved my log file if that helps.

I sent the log files and a description of the issue (and a link to this thread) to naviextras ticket system, hopefully I have better luck than @ARealHuman

Last edited:
Well @shikoku14, I'm sorry you have the problems, but also gald I'm not the only one! ;) I hope you have better luck than me from Naviextras - let us know how you get on. I'll report back when I've heard from my dealer...

Would suggest that you perhaps just use Android Auto, or Apple Car play and select google maps as the updates are automatically done, this will save you heaps of time and these sort of troubles..

Hi ARealHuman,

I received my restore package today from Naviextras Support (László). And quess, the navigation app works fine now. See also my earlier post about this subject.

Would suggest that you perhaps just use Android Auto, or Apple Car play and select google maps as the updates are automatically done, this will save you heaps of time and these sort of troubles..

Perhaps you're right - CarPlay is my only option now. Just heard back from my dealer - MG UK keep telling them to refer me to Naviextras for help, so I have just looged my third request for support. I'm not hopeful I'll hear anything back, but it appears I'm stuck in the middle :mad: It doesn't exactly make you want to offer a glowing reference for MG....

Hi ARealHuman,

I received my restore package today from Naviextras Support (László). And quess, the navigation app works fine now. See also my earlier post about this subject.

Hi - are these files something you can share? How did you get a response from Naviextras? I requested help via their support option on their website when logged in.

Edit - sorry, just re-read your earlier post. The support site you've linked to is different. I will try it later.....

I’ve actually not used the nav,exclusively Carplay and Waze for my nav. However, I did want to have the backup of naviextras in case I have issues with my phone / mobile reception.

I’ve just received my restore package from Lazlo and it’s fixed the nav back (it says it’s version 2 September 2020). I provide them a fingerprint, a screenshot photo of the current head unit build and a link to the thread on this forum on how I went about the update (which they confirmed was in line with naviextras instructions).

Well, what a relief! I also recieved my restored files today, and the satnav is now working as it should thanks to László and his colleaues (y):) I didn't think to check the version number though, will do that later... Thansk to eveyone who responded to this thread with help and suggestions.

Is the restore package from the company itself and have they said why you had the problem in the first place??

Is the restore package from the company itself and have they said why you had the problem in the first place??
The restore package is from Naviextras, László from there has been really helpful. It basically goes through the same process as updating the maps, but this time fixed my issues. It also included the latest version of the mapping too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom