Help your MG dealer - reject your car

BugEyed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
MG4 SE SR 2,500 miles in Black - £26,995

So a secondhand MG4 SE SR in Black with 2,500 miles on the clock goes back on the market for £26,995.

Anyone know if this is ex-demo or a rejected car? This is the first time that I have seen one listed for over list for a new one.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
MG4 SE SR 2,500 miles in Black - £26,995

So a secondhand MG4 SE SR in Black with 2,500 miles on the clock goes back on the market for £26,995.

Anyone know if this is ex-demo or a rejected car? This is the first time that I have seen one listed for over list for a new one.
It's demo / being used by one of sales exec, you're paying for the can have it now opposed to in 4mnths privilege 🙈

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
May well be the 'our demonstrator car', a codename for a few test drives; one of the sales team using it has 'his' car for a few months; as well as maybe the pastie run car, when someone dives to McDonald drive thru with the day's dinner list for the sales team. And of course being subject to the wash and scratch dealership sweeping brush valet.
....and to think someone will most likely pay this price, and hence willingly paying MORE money for a pastie run car, then a brand new, delivery miles, non pastied car

😩

Normally dealers have to hang on to demo cars for 6 months. At the end of the day I doubt that they'll turn much of a profit on this one but it shows the state of the market.

Normally dealers have to hang on to demo cars for 6 months. At the end of the day I doubt that they'll turn much of a profit on this one but it shows the state of the market.
Well, they'll make more profit than on a new car, if it goes for more money than a new one. Plus the 'value added' they had in someone most likely having a 'free' car for a few months, plus a dealership runabout to get the 12 o'clock Mcdonalds.

It's demo / being used by one of sales exec, you're paying for the can have it now opposed to in 4mnths privilege 🙈
A 4 month waiting time is not too much different that what it was pre chip shortage, plus a 'don't know one's born' time frame compared to some cars which have 1 year + waiting lists.

SE standard range, red, 735 miles, £5,500 MORE than a new one :)

They really are taking the mick. Mind you I would never deal with that particular company because of their previous business practices so the price is irrelevant.

They really are taking the mick. Mind you I would never deal with that particular company because of their previous business practices so the price is irrelevant.
I'm wondering if they've just messed the listing up a bit and although the picture is a red SE, they're doing a Trophy price. Kind of messed up the listing somewhere. As 5.5K more for a used car, compare to the same car new, is far fetched even for a car dealership.

The spec is for an SE SR, everything is consistent apart from the price. Mind you, they will probably claim no oil leaks or bent undertray either. :cool:

I think that is the car I took for a test drive last week. Was good enough to convince me to place an order.

Edit: I’m referring to the black one at Cars2

Last edited:
Perhaps it is just the mark up that the dealers feel is appropriate for them finding and rectifying all the faults with the car? ;)

I think that is the car I took for a test drive last week. Was good enough to convince me to place an order.

Edit: I’m referring to the black one at Cars2
I think that was my car! I was promised a black one and then, a couple of weeks to go before pick up, it was suddenly white. Still says 'black' on my signed car order form! ;-)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back