Highest Average Somehow....

Loveclose

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Greetings to all....
Driving back to Harrogate from the Himalayan Gardens, I aviemore an average of 4.6 miles after 16.4 miles. For large parts of the journey, I was on 4.8.... the first two miles, it was on some ridiculous two digit average!!!

Point is, o normally make around 3.6...
50 mpg on country roads, with some meanish acceleration.....

How have I managed 4.6??

Temperature is still only 10⁰C

Attachments

• 20240421_154703.jpg
    20240421_154703.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 74
Look at the elevation profile.
If you could post the consumption graph from the infotainment screen would be great though

I recently did a return trip between Milton Keynes and Chippenham. I took it carefully on the return leg as I was under 50% when I arrived at my destination. Once I'd recharged on my return, my range was 320 miles :)

Look at the elevation profile.
If you could post the consumption graph from the infotainment screen would be great though
Haven't seen anything like that yet.... which menu is the elevation profile?

Will it still be there?? I've just done another journey into Harrogate.....

Haven't seen anything like that yet.... which menu is the elevation profile?

Will it still be there?? I've just done another journey into Harrogate.....
The elevation profile you will have to generate using something like Google Earth

The consumption graph instead is in the charging menu, looks something like this;

IMG_2637.jpeg

Consumption graph as of 5am this morning.
Don't know if it includes the return from the Himalayas as I did another short journey into Harrogate last eve....

Attachments

• 20240422_051022.jpg
    20240422_051022.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 56
The graph shows the consumption over the prior 50 miles ... so would the Himalayas trip be included in the prior 50 miles?

Consumption graph as of 5am this morning.
Don't know if it includes the return from the Himalayas as I did another short journey into Harrogate last eve....
If you compare your graph to mine, you must have been doing loss of downhill to hit 15miles/kwh repeatedly. I only hit that much once

It's possible - difficult for me to remember, as I don't know the area at all.
All I can say is that the roads were B roads - certainly not A roads - single lane - winding in places - max speed around 50 on longer bits.
What I dont' understand is that I was quite perky on the accelerator - although the car was in Ecco mode.....

Complete contrast today of course - motorway driving back to Hampshire - rain - more rain - wet roads - wipers on.....
Still got to my charger (as you will see in another post) with 25 odd miles to spare @ 9%.....

Complete contrast today of course - motorway driving back to Hampshire - rain - more rain - wet roads - wipers on.....
Still got to my charger (as you will see in another post) with 25 odd miles to spare @ 9%.....
Do you have your HVAC on? What speed on the motorway? Just curious

Do you have your HVAC on? What speed on the motorway? Just curious
AC was on automatic for most of the journey, but wasn't canning it. I did turn it off for the last half hour of the run to the chargers.
Wipers and lights were on...wipers slow intermittent.
Road was wet.... loads of spray in the earlier part of this leg of travel.
Speed was initially 65, and dropped down to 60 for last 30 miles before chargers reached.
My buffer was constant at around 23 to 25 miles.
I had used these Tesla chargers at Banbury on the outward journey, me they were reliable, and was confused of being able to use them. Worst case scenario was to have had to use the more expensive ones right next door to them.

AC was on automatic for most of the journey, but wasn't canning it. I did turn it off for the last half hour of the run to the chargers.
Wipers and lights were on...wipers slow intermittent.
Road was wet.... loads of spray in the earlier part of this leg of travel.
Speed was initially 65, and dropped down to 60 for last 30 miles before chargers reached.
My buffer was constant at around 23 to 25 miles.
I had used these Tesla chargers at Banbury on the outward journey, me they were reliable, and was confused of being able to use them. Worst case scenario was to have had to use the more expensive ones right next door to them.
Half an hour without HVAC. Depending on temperature, that’s between 1 and 2 kWh saved.
Your accumulated total, was that reset before the return trip? If not your GoM would have probably kept on there more optimistic side of things. 60 on motorway contributes to efficiency so no surprises there either. Thanks for the reply though 🙏🏼

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back