Home charger joys ...err

I have just had a Zappi 2 charger point fitted and have to say it is a joy to use and allows me to harvest most of the "free Power" generated by my solar panels. I also allows you to take advantage of low rate night time power if you have a suitable tariff and being able to activate it or change settings via tablet or phone is very useful.
Unfortunately at present I am unable to get a working smart meter fitted as I live in an area where mobile reception is non existent, octypus are trying to help but I don`t have a lot of faith in getting a solution. Any ideas.
Have to say very pleased with my MG5 EV (low range) very good on power I have an average of 4.2 miles/KW for the last 700 miles. so the 215 mile range is not a wild claim. I live in a very hilly part of West Wales so most driving uses Eco and Kers 3 settings.
No major complaints except why does the exclusive only have black plastic seats, cloth would be far better option?

Is there a way to get a SIM connected via your broadband connection
It would appear that due to security they will not make a connection via the broadband, which is a shame as we have a great internet connection. We tend to use mobile phones as drinks coaster !
I think the current plan is to try and fix a booster aerial to the house (2 foot thick stone walls don`t help either.
At least the Zappi works well and have just filled up with 20Kw of free electric today.
thanks for your help

They are the very reason I chose the Excite instead. If they can melt then you can guarantee they can tear given time too.
I agree thats what I would have liked to do but the wife wanted heated seats and some of the other goodies in the exclusive. MG need to sort out this downgrade on plastic seats!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom