Home chargers

I got a free charger in the deal with the car. In 2020. Its a rolec never had any problems. Uses ev energy app 5p 12.30 to 4.30. Unthererd is best you can take cable with you if you need a charge when your out and about.
Rolec here too, car delivered in Mar 2020 - have you managed to avoid the need to trickle-charge?

I drive a 2021 Gen 1 ZS EV purchased last sept 2021.

Currantly ( fnar fnar) I'm home charging via the granny cable. I have a single phase supply and would like to optimise charging through the night as it is cheapest then. I already have an earth spike.

I want to install a 7KW charger and my question is, do most of them have some sort of time clock so I can set the charging interval between midnight and 8am and my memory is not what it was, especially in the 36° weather we've been having .

Technically any new charger now has to be smart so will have timers built in most won't need earth spike now as have pen fault detection

The other things you ideally need
100amp mains fuse
They like to see mains isolation switch
And 25mm tails ( that's 25mm squared)

The other things you ideally need
100amp mains fuse
They like to see mains isolation switch
And 25mm tails ( that's 25mm squared)
Hi N2STY, I live in France so we might have difference supply kit by comp. UK. For example we can choose how much Kva our supply is, starting form 3 kva and going 6, 9, 12 (what I have) and up. I'm not sure I have main fuse but I do have a mains trip ??? and a Linky intelli. meter.

Attachments

• P1060713.JPG
    P1060713.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 90
Yes all looks a bit foreign lol I would imagine there is a physical fuse under one of the sealed boxes best to ask a local installer
Screenshot_20220618_183241.jpg

This is the sort of set up in the uk

I got a free charger in the deal with the car. In 2020. Its a rolec never had any problems. Uses ev energy app 5p 12.30 to 4.30. Unthererd is best you can take cable with you if you need a charge when your out and about.
Actually having a teathered one means you can leave the cable in the boot and only use it when travelling, a lot less hastle in my opinion.

I drive a 2021 Gen 1 ZS EV purchased last sept 2021.

Currantly ( fnar fnar) I'm home charging via the granny cable. I have a single phase supply and would like to optimise charging through the night as it is cheapest then. I already have an earth spike.

I want to install a 7KW charger and my question is, do most of them have some sort of time clock so I can set the charging interval between midnight and 8am and my memory is not what it was, especially in the 36° weather we've been having .
I used a conventional plug-in-plug timer before my 7kW was fitted to take advantage of cheaper rates.

The timing seems to be done via phone apps for the Mk1 rather than directly through the charger, as is the case with the Rolec

Rolec with the EV Energy App - cant fault it really and with £5 Amazon voucher for smart charging! I am considering the GivEnergy Home charger to tie in with my solar and Home Battery to make best use of the sun.

Rolec with the EV Energy App - cant fault it really and with £5 Amazon voucher for smart charging! I am considering the GivEnergy Home charger to tie in with my solar and Home Battery to make best use of the sun.
Do you have a Gen1 ZS? If so, have you got around the need for trickle-charging?

No - I am lead to believe I had the latest BMS but still needs the trickle charge. However with having solar that works to my advantage - trickle charge / if more sun available then granny.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom