Horn beeps randomly?

Scott MG5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, I wonder if anyone else has this issue before I go back to my dealer. I’ve had my MG5 LR since Jan and just plugged in a dash cam through the 12v. The car will not stop randomly beeping, it’s a very short and quiet beep but it’s pretty tedious after 5 minutes. I’ve unplugged the dash cam a few days ago and today the car randomly beeped 3 or 4 times. Does anybody have any clues why the car would do that? Thanks

Mine beeps if I lock it and either the doors or the tailgate aren't shut properly, it's probably not that in your case but maybe it's a warning of some kind of other issue?

I was fiddling about cleaning the car and kept setting off the horn. At first I thought I'd accidentally caught the horn with my arm but after the second and third time I worked out it was something else.

In the end, I noticed that if I have the car powered on and the drivers door open and I sit on the side of the seat, half in half out it can trigger the horn. Bizarre.

Is it just me or can people replicate it?

I was fiddling about cleaning the car and kept setting off the horn. At first I thought I'd accidentally caught the horn with my arm but after the second and third time I worked out it was something else.

In the end, I noticed that if I have the car powered on and the drivers door open and I sit on the side of the seat, half in half out it can trigger the horn. Bizarre.

Are the keys in your pocket? What are your settings for 'finding the car'? Mine is set to just flash the indicators but the default is horn and indicators I think?

... car powered on and the drivers door open and I sit on the side of the seat, half in half out it can trigger the horn....

Bring your car round and I'll try LOL

Are the keys in your pocket? What are your settings for 'finding the car'? Mine is set to just flash the indicators but the default is horn and indicators I think?
I've just tried to replicate it. The keys were in my pocket. If the door if open and you accidentally hit the lock button on the fob, the car horn beeps. Mystery solved.

I've just tried to replicate it. The keys were in my pocket. If the door if open and you accidentally hit the lock button on the fob, the car horn beeps. Mystery solved.
Happens to me regularly when my daughter 'closes' her door. Or not as the horn soon tells me!

Mine beeps if I lock it and either the doors or the tailgate aren't shut properly, it's probably not that in your case but maybe it's a warning of some kind of other issue?
I knew about this one so checked all of the doors but still beeping away. You must be right but I can’t think what the issues is. Might be a trip to the dealer to see if they can work it out

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom