How do I charge the car

Plugged in the zappi, pressed buttons to put it onto fast mode then the + button to start charging and away it went.
I have a Zappi ready and waiting for my MG4 in a week or so. To test it my son plugged in his Tesla and away it went, no problem at all. No problem, that is until we stopped the charge and his car refused to let the cable go, greedy damn thing! We had to switch the car on and off a few times before it would give me the Zappi back 😂

I have a Zappi ready and waiting for my MG4 in a week or so. To test it my son plugged in his Tesla and away it went, no problem at all. No problem, that is until we stopped the charge and his car refused to let the cable go, greedy damn thing! We had to switch the car on and off a few times before it would give me the Zappi back 😂
What’s the EV equivalent of a gas guzzler? A charge chomper? 😅

If Carlsberg did type 2 cables they would be 35A.
You can get 16A type 2 cables so not all cable are the same.

The pedant in me has to say type 2 cables come in a few variations, single or three phase and 16amp or 32amp and each possible combination of these at least 😉.
Otherwise as they are properly waterproof and well made it's much of a muchness I would agree.

Wonder how Jona got on with his zappi after he went to try his sister's charger and confirmed his 4 was charging.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back