How do you adjust indicator volume?

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all can anyone tell me how to adjust the indicators loudness ! Also anyone know what this yellow warning is I thought it was auto hold but I put that on in settings warning still there also the same on my friends mg4 thanks

Attachments

• 20221108_080558.jpg
    20221108_080558.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 865
Hi Don with regard to the yellow warning triangle have a look at these instructions from the manual below hope it may be of help to you if not I would have a vist to your dealer.
These 3 screen shots my be of help please read them fully
Les

574B4FB7-8ACF-49C1-A89D-D931A62E1430.jpeg

712404E9-7619-48AB-9069-2D6994F35622.jpeg

7E3492AD-F0A5-4AF6-BADB-0D2549C97080.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you 'The Briggie' for your advice re indicator volume control. The indicator noise is one thing we raised at our test drive and we were told that we only noticed it because electric cars are so quiet!!! Also we were advised by the dealer that there was no way to adjust the volume. So it was with great relief that we noticed your post and we now have a much quieter indicator!

Thank you 'The Briggie' for your advice re indicator volume control. The indicator noise is one thing we raised at our test drive and we were told that we only noticed it because electric cars are so quiet!!! Also we were advised by the dealer that there was no way to adjust the volume. So it was with great relief that we noticed your post and we now have a much quieter indicator!
Don't thank me thank all the forum members who contribute to this pool of shared knowledge. Glad it helped👍👏

I posted in the Software Updates thread but add my name to the list of Driver Monitoring System faults. Went in for R30 update to clear the AA "preproduction hardware" issue. That wasn't resolved but now got this fault bonging away constantly. The DMS options in the menu have disappeared.

Oddly enough the indicators appear to be silent now!

Car with dealer and I've got a ZS Standard Range loaner.

PXL_20221115_190814421.jpg

Interesting, I wonder if this requires a software update. I went for a testdrive in a Trophy this morning and tried to turn the indicators down using the alert volume setting and it didn't change...

Interesting, I wonder if this requires a software update. I went for a testdrive in a Trophy this morning and tried to turn the indicators down using the alert volume setting and it didn't change...
Did you also try

Try swiping down from the side of the screen and you may also find the notification volume control.

Did you also try

Try swiping down from the side of the screen and you may also find the notification volume control.
Hi
I did find notification volume controls but it didn't change the grandfather clock!

I'll try again when mine arrives. Order should be going in tomorrow, I don't expect much before April :(

The indicator volume is linked to the alert (o alarm, I don't remember the right word sorry) volume, so if you lower that on the volume settings, the noise of the indicators should lower too (although still more noisy than the average car 🙉)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back