How many MG ZS EVs have been sold.

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Dear all,
I wonder if anyone has these statistics as it would be interesting to know just how many MG ZS EV’s have now been sold and how many orders have been placed as we are seeing new members on the forum every week, which is great news. I wonder how we can find this information out?

I think this might be the answer:

Looks like the Exclusive is the seller! So we know there are at least 2425 cars as of end of Q1 2020 :)

Last edited:
Thanks very interesting, but this is only Q1 2020, will be interesting to see the number when Q2 figures are released...

As far as I’m concerned the more the better to get some sort of brand recognition, which for current owners will surely have a positive impact on resale values / part exchanges etc

When you consider how much car you actually get for your money and, for me, it was the most affordable and practical entry into the pure E.V., then I think it deserves to be better supported by the buying population.
And the buying population needs to be better supported by MG and some of their dealers.

There must be a business opportunity in MG dealerships as a new one has opened in Bournemouth backed by a large group

New one opened in Preston by Perry’s Dealership this week.

I think mine was number 1370 ish last august, so would have thought the number would be well over 4k, but the fact the comfort upgrade is being charged for might put people off the brand especially now there more competition with better range. I can only get 160 indicated miles on mine after a full charge on E

I think mine was number 1370 ish last august, so would have thought the number would be well over 4k, but the fact the comfort upgrade is being charged for might put people off the brand especially now there more competition with better range. I can only get 160 indicated miles on mine after a full charge on E
The specification on the exclusive is high compared to the cost.It is great value for your money. Offers on at the moment will sell the car. Dealerships have not been able to sell as many 20 plate cars so are giving extras but you have to ask and haggle.Time will tell but on the other hand if it sells well the secondhand prices will not hold and depreciation will be bigger.

Resale price not a worry at the moment, I can see me hanging on to my ZS for quite some time. I'm loving it even more since the comfort pack improvements.

Could be tempted away with a Tesla, if I win one in a Yoghurt competition, - or I might go for a Delorean - oh, that's been done already!! :ROFLMAO: @Chrispydoc

Or the new Polestar...if your into Testa / DeLorean territory!;)

Like you Dave, I will be hanging on to my MG for the next few years, so thoughts of resale value mean little to me. The grim reaper may have other ideas.o_O

I used to buy nearly new cars when I was concerned about resale values, a one year old, 10K miles, well looked after, ex rental could be had for around 60-70% of the price of a new one and so most of the depreciation had gone and if you traded it in a couple of years later you lost less on it. For the last 10 years I've tended to want the latest technology, so I've bought new and the depreciation doesn't factor into it.
The only thing that I would improve if I could, on my MG at the moment, is the range, just over 200 miles of normal driving would be about right for me (55-60 kWh ?), so I could safely travel to the coast and back without having to recharge. Who knows, maybe a higher capacity, but same physical size, battery may come out as battery technology improves, that can be swapped with this one when it reaches the end of its service life.

Resale price not a worry at the moment, I can see me hanging on to my ZS for quite some time. I'm loving it even more since the comfort pack improvements.

Could be tempted away with a Tesla, if I win one in a Yoghurt competition, - or I might go for a Delorean - oh, that's been done already!! :ROFLMAO: @Chrispydoc
Keep away from Tesla.It is a fantastic car but the customer service would get Nulpoints. Everything done by e- mail for support through a call centre so different people deal with your query and so poor communication. Been let down and Ended up with no car for a month so cancelled my order. Friend bought one it is about a month old and rear light is fogging . Also a place selling second hand cars informed me the paintwork also known to have issues .

The specification on the exclusive is high compared to the cost.It is great value for your money. Offers on at the moment will sell the car. Dealerships have not been able to sell as many 20 plate cars so are giving extras but you have to ask and haggle.Time will tell but on the other hand if it sells well the secondhand prices will not hold and depreciation will be bigger.

Two cars on our shortlist, the MG ZS EV and the Nissan Leaf Tekna seem to be trading blows equally when I look at the plus features of each. Very close call but the MG is just winning overall on price. Mind you just getting some carwow quotes in and that RRP price benefit has been eroded some, not entirely but becoming less of a factor.

Cheers,

Nigel

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom