How much range actually left at zero ?

It also depends on whether the battery management system accurately knows the state of charge, particularly as batteries get older I believe. Apparently if you charge it from under 10% to 100%, it updates its knowledge of where the top and bottom are. See also 'balance charge'.

On mine, it is literally as soon as it hits 0 miles (under test conditions, as wanted to see what happened). The good news is that the mileage range left is very linear down to zero, and performance isnt significantly affected until the last 2 miles or so. I also discovered a crude SoH meter under energy consumption, which in my case was 48kw (since last charge, 100%) ~ 48/51 ~ 94%

Thank you for all of the replies. I suppose I was hoping people would have had it run out and have an idea of how much further they got and could describe what actually happens as it konks out.

Apart from a couple of YouTube videos where people did it on purpose, I don't think anyone has actually run out. Bjorn did 15 miles in circles round an Ikea car park in a Trophy before it ran out.

On mine, it is literally as soon as it hits 0 miles (under test conditions, as wanted to see what happened). The good news is that the mileage range left is very linear down to zero, and performance isnt significantly affected until the last 2 miles or so. I also discovered a crude SoH meter under energy consumption, which in my case was 48kw (since last charge, 100%) ~ 48/51 ~ 94%

There are a couple of videos where people have run the SE SR down low and they have said that there is a bit of a buffer. I've never gone below 7/8 miles, personally, but as you say it was very linear and I wasn't getting any reduction in performance.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back