How to change default startup settings - MG5 LR Facelift

cgwhite

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default startup settings on the Facelifted MG5

1. I always want Autohold on as a default
2. I want the Speed Control Limiter set to Manual - The Intelligent Speed Control doesn't work at all!
3. I want to use Eco 3 Kers as a default.
4. How do you set up 100% charging from within the car without using the smartphone app.

It is a bit like flying, you have to go into the settings and set these all up before you can taxi to takeoff.

Any ideas in how we, the users of the MG5s' get MG to listen to users requests?

Regards, Chris.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default startup settings on the Facelifted MG5

1. I always want Autohold on as a default
2. I want the Speed Control Limiter set to Manual - The Intelligent Speed Control doesn't work at all!
3. I want to use Eco 3 Kers as a default.
4. How do you set up 100% charging from within the car without using the smartphone app.

It is a bit like flying, you have to go into the settings and set these all up before you can taxi to takeoff.

Any ideas in how we, the users of the MG5s' get MG to listen to users requests?

Regards, Chris.
1 - I am not sure on this. I use Carplay which just starts when i connect the phone.
2 - I will double check but I thought this was the case. Mine just shows the speed limit but does not take any actions.
3 - You cannot change this to a default.
4 - I did wonder this as well. If you click on the charge icon on the info system it show the car and you can change the max charge level there.

Hope that helps.

It was the Autohold parking brake setting that I was talking about. I am using wireless Android Auto which connects automatically when I get in the car without having to worry about wires.

Auto hold for me(sr mk1) remembers it's setting a long as i put my seat belt on before putting into d/r.
It lights up when the belt clicks in, as remembered from the previous time.
When i have tried to reverse off my drive without the belt on it will not light up, so stays disabled.
I also turn off the car before unclipping my seat belt.
That's about the only thing i know that affects mine.

It was the Autohold parking brake setting that I was talking about. I am using wireless Android Auto which connects automatically when I get in the car without having to worry about wires.
Lol sorry my bad reading. I was in android auto and carplay mode doh

Yeah cannot make this default either.

Auto hold for me(sr mk1) remembers it's setting a long as i put my seat belt on before putting into d/r.
When i have tried to reverse off my drive without the belt on it will not light up, so stays disabled.
i will give that a go :)

That makes a lot of sense regarding the Autohold parking. Sometimes it remembers and other times it doesn't. Will test that out.

Yep this seems to work :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom