How to manually fold mirrors.

Omnia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My MG4 SE LR arrived early in the week while my wife who will be the driver was at a conference. A friend collected it with me as a passenger. On parking the car he folded the mirrors in. On my wife's return she was examining the car but could not get the mirrors to fold in again?

On the SE they're manual folding, did you know that? Ridiculously cheapskate not to have them fold electrically but there you go. Mine fold in and out quite easily so long as I push them at the right angle.

I was aware, but I cant get them to fold either.

I have figured it out you have to push from the corner. Thanks for your help.

I can't remember exactly how I did it. I did it to try and it seemed easy enough, then just once when I reversed into my garage at a slight angle I leaned out of the driver's window and folded the one on that side.

I was worried this would be a constant problem but in fact there is reasonable clearance on the garage doors even without folding the mirrors, and the MG4 is very easy to reverse straight. Easier than my Golf, actually, which had electrically folding mirrors. Which I still damagedd twice.

Oh, and congratulations on your new car. Here's to many years of trouble-free motoring!

PS. Have you checked you undertray?

You need to crawl under the car on your back. It's possible, I managed it and I'll bet I'm older than your wife. Lots of pics on the undertray thread showing what it should and (mostly) shouldn't look like. It's the smaller rear part that sags, at the join, just in front of the rear wheels.

You need to crawl under the car on your back. It's possible, I managed it and I'll bet I'm older than your wife. Lots of pics on the undertray thread showing what it should and (mostly) shouldn't look like. It's the smaller rear part that sags, at the join, just in front of the rear wheels.
Thank you, for all your help. I can't look myself as I am in a wheelchair. If I bend that low I would fall out.

Someone will be able to do it for you. But find the photos in the thread so they know what they're looking for, and maybe get them to take a photo of your car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back