How to reliably turn lane keeping off?

Koops

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I have tried various ways of turning lane keeping off before I start a journey but the only way to do it reliably has been to do it on the move which is clearly undesirable.
I’m finding that if I turn it off soon after entering the car, sometimes I don’t get the confirmation request, and always it is still active when I check status after driving off.
Today I even had the yellow symbol while driving and yet lane keeping was active (roadside displayed red with warning and gentle steering movement). All very frustrating! Sometimes I change the drive mode from the default NORMAL to say ECO shortly after driving off, perhaps that also resets the lane keeping function?

I put my car in drive with foot on brake pedal, turn it off from dropdown menu, then it stays off for me until next time I drive the car. And no I do not change driving mode after, only adjustments I do is for regen.

If you want to be glitch free (maybe)

Follow rule 1 after rule .5

.5, Unlock, get in, don't touch anything and let screens boot up.

1, Press brake pedal bringing car to ready mode.

2, Now you can switch off LKA.
I have to admit. On a few occasions I’ve got in the car without pressing the brake pedal, sit there until the screen is loaded up & then wonder why I can’t see the option to turn LKA off 🙄

I have never seen the roadside turn red with LKA and the steering wheel would tug rather than give a gentle move indication. What other settings do you have? Were you using any other MG Pilot functions?

I just use towing mode for a permanent disabled LKA. Rear sensors and front collision is also disabled but I don't care.

I've never had trouble turning it off and it staying off, after the first day or so when I was just getting used to remembering to press the brake pedal first. Only twice, in almost a year, have I seen it come back on very soon after I set off - obviously I didn't do it right. Usually it's straightforward but very occasionally I have to go through it again because it hasn't "taken".

I've never had trouble turning it off and it staying off, after the first day or so when I was just getting used to remembering to press the brake pedal first. Only twice, in almost a year, have I seen it come back on very soon after I set off - obviously I didn't do it right. Usually it's straightforward but very occasionally I have to go through it again because it hasn't "taken".
I didn’t realise I had to press the pedal first: all worked fine today 😊

I have never seen the roadside turn red with LKA and the steering wheel would tug rather than give a gentle move indication. What other settings do you have? Were you using any other MG Pilot functions?
I drove the car today with all default settings which included LkA of course. I deliberately drove to the edge of the left and right lane (dashed line to right, solid line to left, which were both depicted as such on the screen) and each time the lane edge shown in the screen turned red, accompanied by a small turn of the steering wheel. Perhaps our software versions differ?

You have an SE and I have a Trophy so there may be differences. One question: is your LKA set to 'Lane Departure Assist' or to 'Emergency Lane Keeping'?

The SE doesn't have any differentiation ... it is LKA On or Off. In the new drop down menu with 1100R33 the option is called LDP On (Lane Departure Protection), although it's called something slightly different in the normal menus. (I can't remember what exactly).

You have an SE and I have a Trophy so there may be differences. One question: is your LKA set to 'Lane Departure Assist' or to 'Emergency Lane Keeping'?

Attachments

• IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 50

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member