How to remove back seats from MG4

markme123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone experience with removing theseat backs of the MG4 to get temporarliy more space for transport of goods? Specially in the middle it is fixed and I dont know how to detach that.

Last edited:
Yes. The seat backs, you mean? (The bit you sit on isn't so easy, but I guess that's not what you mean.) It's actually not that hard, but there's a trick to it. You can take the right-hand back out completely but the left-hand back is anchored by the centre seat belt and so has to be placed in the footwell. It's entirely doable.

Several people tried to tell me how in words, and even with a couple of pictures, but I didn't get it until someone posted a video. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:
Here's the one that did it for me. It's a ZS, not a 4, but it's the same.

If you put the left-hand side the other way up, it squirrels away in the footwell better than how he shows it.

Here's another one, in Dutch, but it's an actual MG4. You have to do this if you want to fit seat covers.

I found the actual seat part impossible to get unlatched but the dealer did it for me. It wasn't necessary to take the seat out of the car to get the cover on. But I still haven't been able to latch the seat back down, though it can be sat on. Another trip to the dealer may be in order.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel