How to tell LR v SR

Wish it was that easy Vipar. Salary sacrifice lease scheme through work (NHS nurse). Now a centralised system, so car doesn’t come from local dealer (I did ask but that’s not how it works) and so vehicle delivered from the fleet companies approved dealership. So I have to go through the fleet company.

The worst thing is is that due to the cold weather, and being brand new to EV’s, it’s taken three weeks and 500 miles to realise something is truly wrong. It was picking my daughter up last night after NYE party that sealed it. 43mile round trip at 12c, car prewarmed on charger, at 100% and slow drive on empty flat roads at 30-40mph and used over 25% of battery.

But, given there is no way of simply telling what battery you have and the lease agreement is clearly for a 73kw I don’t think they have a leg to stand on! 🤞 It’s a simple fix, but given the lead times I doubt it.
The fleet company have a duty of care to supply the correct vehicle as per the agreement. If they have supplied the wrong vehicle then they are in breach of the agreement. You may have a bit of a wait though for the correct vehicle.

@Tiberius Right I just checked your vin from that reg you posted you have a standard range big give a way is the the bhp\kw and weight of car
My car long range
View attachment 14144
Your car
View attachment 14145
Cheers N2STY. Confirmed what I just went to triple check. Battery cannot be set to do anything other than 100%. It reverts to that as default every time I try a do an 80% or under. Car turned up with range of 180. No matter what I’ve done it never goes above GOM range of 199 and despite getting 3.5’s and above the max real world range the car has provided in 10c is 160-70 (120 miles with 35% left).

Feel like a bit of an idiot as it didn’t feel right two weeks ago, but all the talk of 30% range drop had me thinking I was just being unrealistic. Anyway, you live and learn, and I won’t know myself with 220+ range in the cold with at 73kw battery!

Thanks for all the help though. Great forum!

given there is no way of simply telling what battery you have and the lease agreement is clearly for a 73kw
I could be wrong but 1st part of vin
LSJW74096 standard
LSJW74093 long

Maybe people could check there vin to see if this is right?

Thanks not as straight forward as that then
Stick to weight vehicle and bhp\kw then
Long 2070kg (bhp-156) kw-115
Standard 2060kg (bhp-176) kw-129
My VIN says 2060kg. Pretty definitive then. I’ll send the email. I held back till I was certain as I didn’t want to look like an idiot.

The fleet company have a duty of care to supply the correct vehicle as per the agreement. If they have supplied the wrong vehicle then they are in breach of the agreement. You may have a bit of a wait though for the correct vehicle.
Thanks Gadgetgeek,

That was my thought but there’s always a nagging doubt. You don’t there’ll be an issue with the fact I’ve done 500 miles?
I was thinking it might be a wait. I wonder what they’ll do or offer?
I’ll put a post up when I get an answer.

Thanks Gadgetgeek,

That was my thought but there’s always a nagging doubt. You don’t there’ll be an issue with the fact I’ve done 500 miles?
I was thinking it might be a wait. I wonder what they’ll do or offer?
I’ll put a post up when I get an answer.
I can't see how there can be an issue, as it isn't something unless you know what to look for would aware of, it's only because something didn't seem right and you've/we've investigated that it's come to light.

Long range sticker ?
ZSLR Sticker.jpg

Had my new zs lr a week now and very happy, I am curious however…..the log book v5 arrived today and how would you know if you were buying a long range or standard range as no mention on the v5 - I am however happy I have what I paid for but was thinking more of when I sell / private pre loved examples

Wish it was that easy Vipar. Salary sacrifice lease scheme through work (NHS nurse). Now a centralised system, so car doesn’t come from local dealer (I did ask but that’s not how it works) and so vehicle delivered from the fleet companies approved dealership. So I have to go through the fleet company.

The worst thing is is that due to the cold weather, and being brand new to EV’s, it’s taken three weeks and 500 miles to realise something is truly wrong. It was picking my daughter up last night after NYE party that sealed it. 43mile round trip at 12c, car prewarmed on charger, at 100% and slow drive on empty flat roads at 30-40mph and used over 25% of battery.

But, given there is no way of simply telling what battery you have and the lease agreement is clearly for a 73kw I don’t think they have a leg to stand on! 🤞 It’s a simple fix, but given the lead times I doubt it.
Out of interest which dealership supplied the car?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom