How to tell LR v SR

To be honest when you made the decision to order a LR model, you did so completely because it matched your usage need requirement.
So, now even considering / accepting a standard range model make no sense to me at all sorry ???.
If it does not match your original order and falls short of your usage requirements, then it is totally useless or you therefore ordered a more expensive model with a larger battery for nothing really ??.
It is their error not yours, don't make their problem YOUR problem !.
They have registered the car and it now gives them a big headache.
They need to provide you with the correct LR model or reduce the payments and offer you some type of compensation in return.
This will be more cost effective to them, unless they are able to replace the car with a LR model.
If you consider the cheaper option, first think carefully IF the reduced range will suit your needs.

To be honest when you made the decision to order a LR model, you did so completely because it matched your usage need requirement.
So, now even considering / accepting a standard range model make no sense to me at all sorry ???.
If it does not match your original order and falls short of your usage requirements, then it is totally useless or you therefore ordered a more expensive model with a larger battery for nothing really ??.
It is their error not yours, don't make their problem YOUR problem !.
They have registered the car and it now gives them a big headache.
They need to provide you with the correct LR model or reduce the payments and offer you some type of compensation in return.
This will be more cost effective to them, unless they are able to replace the car with a LR model.
If you consider the cheaper option, first think carefully IF the reduced range will suit your needs.
To be honest with you the SR is totally useless to me. My work patch is vast on the West of Wales. Very rural with minimal charging infrastructure. I regularly make 120 mile round trips which, as I’ve found out, are not possible in cold weather conditions in the SR.

I did my research and based on my needs and the variations in mpkw in the cold I have to have an LR for safety. Plus I need it for my personal use (which makes up 50+% of my contract). Child in Uni 120 mile away and parents who rely on me. I have to have the safety net of the miles in the battery just in case. After a typical commute in SR car has to go straight on the 7wk charger.

So it is a headache for them, and I won’t be an ass about it as mistakes happen, but they will have to resolve it and provide the LR I ordered. And it’ll need to be quick.

To be honest with you the SR is totally useless to me. My work patch is vast on the West of Wales. Very rural with minimal charging infrastructure. I regularly make 120 mile round trips which, as I’ve found out, are not possible in cold weather conditions in the SR.

I did my research and based on my needs and the variations in mpkw in the cold I have to have an LR for safety. Plus I need it for my personal use (which makes up 50+% of my contract). Child in Uni 120 mile away and parents who rely on me. I have to have the safety net of the miles in the battery just in case. After a typical commute in SR car has to go straight on the 7wk charger.

So it is a headache for them, and I won’t be an ass about it as mistakes happen, but they will have to resolve it and provide the LR I ordered. And it’ll need to be quick.
Just give it back & buy an ICE?

You'll be getting 45p? a mile won't you for works mileages?

Go EV when things have matured a bit more?

Just give it back & buy an ICE?

You'll be getting 45p? a mile won't you for works mileages?

Go EV when things have matured a bit more?
I did the numbers. If I spend £10-12k on a second hand ICE (2nd hand prices silly money at the minute) with loan (4-5%), insurance, tax, servicing, breakdown, MOT & fuel etc, it works out only £80-100 p/m more expensive to salary sacrifice lease an MG ZS LR (although I’m aware I don’t end up owning it!).

Lease includes everything bar the electric and you still get mileage (although taxed) and BIK still super low on EV’s. It was a no brainer really.

I did the numbers. If I spend £10-12k on a second hand ICE (2nd hand prices silly money at the minute) with loan (4-5%), insurance, tax, servicing, breakdown, MOT & fuel etc, it works out only £80-100 p/m more expensive to salary sacrifice lease an MG ZS LR (although I’m aware I don’t end up owning it!).

Lease includes everything bar the electric and you still get mileage (although taxed) and BIK still super low on EV’s. It was a no brainer really.
Should have been 👍🏻

Had my new zs lr a week now and very happy, I am curious however…..the log book v5 arrived today and how would you know if you were buying a long range or standard range as no mention on the v5 - I am however happy I have what I paid for but was thinking more of when I sell / private pre loved examples
My SR EV has a battery level indicator at the bottom of the power dial so you can see from the miles range displayed what the battery level is ie. full & range is 160 - Easy

My SR EV has a battery level indicator at the bottom of the power dial so you can see from the miles range displayed what the battery level is ie. full & range is 160 - Easy
That’s a guess of range, it’s not kWh actual capacity.

The figures are a guess of range, there is a little battery icon to the left of the figures which indicates the state of charge.
The battery icon is just a colour guide whereas the gauge at the bottom of the power dial is more accurate like a fuel gauge & divided into eighths. Agree it doesn't show kWh but if it shows say half full then range will be +-80 for SR & a lot more for LR

That's not kWh capacity though, which is what the question is.
No the question is how can you tell the difference? Yes its annoying not to know the kWh charge state because that's what you pay for & when I use the granny charger I can only estimate what I've used.

Had my new zs lr a week now and very happy, I am curious however…..the log book v5 arrived today and how would you know if you were buying a long range or standard range as no mention on the v5 - I am however happy I have what I paid for but was thinking more of when I sell / private pre loved examples
I'm not sure about from the outside or inside, but there must be a way to analyse the VIN codes somewhere via Dr Google.

The battery icon is just a colour guide whereas the gauge at the bottom of the power dial is more accurate like a fuel gauge & divided into eighths. Agree it doesn't show kWh but if it shows say half full then range will be +-80 for SR & a lot more for LR

No the question is how can you tell the difference? Yes its annoying not to know the kWh charge state because that's what you pay for & when I use the granny charger I can only estimate what I've used.
Yes exactly, which is why I said it ISN'T a measure of total kWh - which if it was, you would know what your car was as it would be reading somewhere around 51kwh or seventy something at 100%.

I'm not sure about from the outside or inside, but there must be a way to analyse the VIN codes somewhere via Dr Google.
Your MG Dealer now also registers your car on the Digital Service Record platform, meaning that should you need to, you will be able to access the service history of your vehicle through a national database of MG dealers.

Just a quick update for anyone that’s interested. Fleet company finally got a response from the dealership who admitted that they had indeed supplied an SR despite all the paperwork stating 73kw LR.

The dealers have provided two options and I’m not sure what to do. LR Trophy Connect in Silver by end of January (without additional £500 charge) or LR Trophy in Black (original colour ordered) by end of March. I can keep current SR (I stated if I do this either way I assume it would be at a reduced rate).

I’m worried that if I wait for my preferred Black one that something could go wrong in the intervening 2-3months and they turn round and say it’s not available. Or that I could end up with a non sunroof version.

First World problems I know, but it’s a bit of a dilemma.

I would ask confirmation that the black one was still come with a sunroof as that would be my preference unless you like sliver it is nice

Just a quick update for anyone that’s interested. Fleet company finally got a response from the dealership who admitted that they had indeed supplied an SR despite all the paperwork stating 73kw LR.

The dealers have provided two options and I’m not sure what to do. LR Trophy Connect in Silver by end of January (without additional £500 charge) or LR Trophy in Black (original colour ordered) by end of March. I can keep current SR (I stated if I do this either way I assume it would be at a reduced rate).

I’m worried that if I wait for my preferred Black one that something could go wrong in the intervening 2-3months and they turn round and say it’s not available. Or that I could end up with a non sunroof version.

First World problems I know, but it’s a bit of a dilemma.
If it was me, I would opt to go for the silver one myself, purely because it is available very soon !.
Even with a small margin of delay, you will have it shortly.
If the black one slips back, you could be struggling with charging more often with the standard range ?.
That is by why you opted for the LR originally.

Last edited:
The only thing that would put me off the connect is extra trips to dealer to sort the common software issues constant service reminders and wrong date unless they can confirm it's had the new updates

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom