• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

How to tell which battery is in my MG5

Don't post often, but I have an original MG5 (so standard range if you like) and happened to have a picture from the battery which gives more info.

View attachment 14860
Thanks.
Unfortunately my battery don't have the data plate. But i still think the last number is the KWh. On yours its EU150A52S and its a 52KWh battery. I think the facelift SR has a higher pack voltage. So that's why mine has 131Ah.

Thanks.
Unfortunately my battery don't have the data plate. But i still think the last number is the KWh. On yours its EU150A52S and its a 52KWh battery. I think the facelift SR has a higher pack voltage. So that's why mine has 131Ah.

That's probably the case - it sounds the same as the MG4 SR.

Thanks again for all your help.
The car dealer now confirmed that i have the wrong battery (instead of the 61kwh i hav the 50.3kwh).
Apparently MG have some supply difficulties so it might take some time until i get the right car.

Our May 2022 LR was doing AVG 4.8m/kW270+ miles) till I realised the tyre pressures were too high for our general little loaded @ 2.6 bar.
Reducing tyre pressures to an indicated dash 2.2 bar, typically reduced the " summer" range to 24/250 miles.
Come October the range notably dropped to 190/200 miles.
So I acquired an accurate tyre guage.
It showed 1.9 bar actual at an indicated dash 2.2 bar.
SO correcting this the range went to 200/210 at a tru 2.2bar but a dash 2.4 bar.
Pressure taken at ambient.
As much KV is used in pulling away, this increase tyre pressure is very notable to me in how less batter % is used accelerating.
I do also wonder if using the A autobrake in town driving may also consume more kw- again in town driving each pull away( at least for our car) holds back, thus drawing current but not propelling forward.
Seems now in winter @ 5-19 C our kw consumption is 3.6m/kw / mile not as was 2.8m/kW.
Note our May to October consumption was 4.8m/kw.
Our combined ie 8 months is 3.6m/ kW.
It seems the too high a tyre pressure consumption has sort of been cancelled out by the too low a tyre pressure.
85% of driving is 1 up,70% of driving is urban.

The car dealer now confirmed that i have the wrong battery (instead of the 61kwh i hav the 50.3kwh).
Apparently MG have some supply difficulties so it might take some time until i get the right car.
This is quite amazing. Did they indicate how this may have happened?

Exactly. It's not just the battery but also the motor, gearbox, and programming. Well done for sticking to your guns and pursuing the lack of range.

Exactly. It's not just the battery but also the motor, gearbox, and programming. Well done for sticking to your guns and pursuing the lack of range.
My car dealer didn't exactly know how this happened. But i will report back when i get more information.

Possibly as simple as a misreading of a VIN, vehicle built as an SR, VIN recorded as an LR, poor customer receives an SR when they purchased an LR.

@smokie apparently the german road traffic department made a mistake when they approved the vehicle. I assume the had a lot of 61kwh models and that 50kwh model and just copy paste the name for every car.

Unfortunately MG has quite a long delivering time on a new car. So it probably takes some time until i get my correct car.

You definitely have the standard battery. I've just checked mine and have the same label. Mine is the standard range luxury trim (European). Fully charged the range shows 330kms. If it was a long range it should be about 410kms.

You definitely have the standard battery. I've just checked mine and have the same label. Mine is the standard range luxury trim (European). Fully charged the range shows 330kms. If it was a long range it should be about 410kms.
Yes, my car dealer confirmed that i have the wrong car. Just a matter of months for me to get the correct version. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom