how would you order yours?

vini

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I was wondering, should I place an order for an mg4 with two or three MG dealers, and take whichever gets me one the fastest?

I would be prepared to put down (refundable) deposits on each, but wondered if there are problems with me doing this that I haven't considered?

I'll be selling my car this week, and would be wanting the mg4 ideally before Christmas, I (think) I can manage to drive my wife's i10 for a few weeks at least...

I would be prepared to put down (refundable) deposits on each, but wondered if there are problems with me doing this that I haven't considered?
You're causing yourself and the dealer a lot of work as you'll be cancelling most of your orders.

Depending on the version you want, if you're flexible on colour then it should be possible to get a September car.

Hey Vini. You don’t have patience then 😂😂😂
patience, no :). - just thinking how to get one as quickly as possible. it is an i10 I would have to drive after all... :)
You're causing yourself and the dealer a lot of work as you'll be cancelling most of your orders.

Depending on the version you want, if you're flexible on colour then it should be possible to get a September car.
I'll take your word for it and start with one maybe then for now, part of the problem is that they are all some distance from me (and not easy to get to), and they are all new dealers to me, so there's no preference. with my luck I know if I do choose one dealer, the other dealer would get me one more quickly, Sod's law...

patience, no :). - just thinking how to get one as quickly as possible. it is an i10 I would have to drive after all... :)

I'll take your word for it and start with one maybe then for now, part of the problem is that they are all some distance from me (and not easy to get to), and they are all new dealers to me, so there's no preference. with my luck I know if I do choose one dealer, the other dealer would get me one more quickly, Sod's law...
Make some calls to a few dealers and see what they say. What version and colour are you after?

I'd be careful. Dealers make any meaningful reservations on a central MG IT system where they register your name, address and DOB. I'd be amazed if they do nothing with this data.

they are all new dealers to me, so there's no preference

There's two definite sets of stock - September and December. Only take one that gives you a definite date from these.

Make some calls to a few dealers and see what they say. What version and colour are you after?
trophy, reasonably flexible on colour, grey or red first choice, not orange or blue, would consider black and white
I'll make some calls

I'd be careful. Dealers make any meaningful reservations on a central MG IT system where they register your name, address and DOB. I'd be amazed if they do nothing with this data.

There's two definite sets of stock - September and December. Only take one that gives you a definite date from these.
thanks, I'll see what they say.

After all that I have read on this forum regarding delivery dates. I wouldn’t trust them on a stack of bibles. If I could get an MG4 in a couple of months I would cancel my Blue TCLR.for an orange MG4. And don’t trust me either as I am an atheist.

After all that I have read on this forum regarding delivery dates. I wouldn’t trust them on a stack of bibles. If I could get an MG4 in a couple of months I would cancel my Blue TCLR.for an orange MG4. And don’t trust me either as I am an atheist.
If you don't ask the question the answer is always no.

As above, I'd ring around and ask how many Trophy orders they already have.

The dealers don't know their allocation from the second batch yet, but % make up will be the same.

trophy, reasonably flexible on colour, grey or red first choice, not orange or blue, would consider black and white
I'll make some calls
Have you got a few MG dealers fairly near you?
If one has a car from the September batch available and you have your deposit down there's no reason why you wouldn't get it by the end of the month.

Have you got a few MG dealers fairly near you?
If one has a car from the September batch available and you have your deposit down there's no reason why you wouldn't get it by the end of the month.
thanks, I'll be ringing them tomorrow, but from what I recall them saying when I first enquired, the stocks they were getting in this month were already allocated

thanks, I'll be ringing them tomorrow, but from what I recall them saying when I first enquired, the stocks they were getting in this month were already allocated

If you track the Mg4 Facebook group, some dealers are putting their unallocated stock there.

I rang sheffield, Barnsley, leeds and hull and they all said it would be a couple of weeks before they get a showroom model
I'm going to order one anyway...

People seem to be quite confident on getting an MG4 in September, even if you haven't put in an order yet. I would have thought that most (or all) of the initial (September) batch of MG4s that have already arrived are more than covered by August and prior orders. My order is, I think, number 11 with the dealer, and I am pessimistically thinking that I'll be lucky to get it this year. I have no evidence to back up my pessimistic prediction though! It might be the case that my dealer is getting 20 in September and a further 20 in October, so I might be ok. I just don't know and my dealer hasn't yet been in contact, as I don't think they even know when they're receiving their own demo/showroom cars yet.

People seem to be quite confident on getting an MG4 in September, even if you haven't put in an order yet. I would have thought that most (or all) of the initial (September) batch of MG4s that have already arrived are more than covered by August and prior orders. My order is, I think, number 11 with the dealer, and I am pessimistically thinking that I'll be lucky to get it this year. I have no evidence to back up my pessimistic prediction though! It might be the case that my dealer is getting 20 in September and a further 20 in October, so I might be ok. I just don't know and my dealer hasn't yet been in contact, as I don't think they even know when they're receiving their own demo/showroom cars yet.
thanks, sadly I think you're probably right in your comments, I'm going to place an order today and see what happens. by the way who is your dealer? 20 seems a lot compared to the dealers I have spoken to this morning, they have mentioned 7, 9 etc - I would love to order through your dealer unless they are in lands end :)

I hear that the dealers are each required to register 2 cars to themselves, for display and demonstrator duties.
Having been told I was #3 on my local (small) dealer's pre-order list, I'm just hoping they've been allocated more than 4 cars!
If I'm very lucky (Highly unlikely), #1 & #2 would be those dealership cars! :unsure:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back